April Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: April Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:44 am

LOL! blessed
Trash day card is up here today.
Bed is made.
Chicken chores done.
breakfast x
I have a plan for dinner!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:56 am

our trash day (getting it out) is Thursday as the actual day is Friday am. you reminded me that I should look around.

I have a couple of things I have to do today:
paper work and bills

big one: scanning my mom's pictures and sending them out.
dd doesn't have music ministry
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:46 am

It's our trash day, too, but yesterday was the day to accomplish things. I got two kitchen-type garbage bags in the bed of the truck yesterday and intended to put them in the cans as I returned from school run this a.m. But I could only reach one without opening the tailgate and climbing in, so I left it for HRH. He had one more bag ready as he left this morning and was going to remember both. Even so, as I clean in the bedroom areas of the house today I find another bag's worth! Oh well! Can't leave my ddad alone now, so it missed the boat.

Nancy, don't forget to keep enjoying all the images at The City Chicken, which I think you already have seen. She keeps adding photos. It's not really a chat, but a picture is often worth a thousand words. This link is their Hen House of the month page but they also have a gallery of chicken tractor photos and "beautiful chicken" gallery.

:lol: blessed I love that image of an air traffic person (?) signalling us where to turn next in our homes. Ds28 had to learn to do that for the helicopters that come for air lift after accidents, but they're not taught to use flags, just arm signals. Flags are useless in the helicopter's drafts.

The closest thing we have is the cards - one card may signal "left to the dishes at sink". The next card signals :arrow: "around the corner to dust the dining room". :lol:

Oh, :idea: wonder if someday we may have GPS type decision-making for households? I may have invented something there, but I don't have time to decide what! :lol:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks Harriet!
chicken chores x
s2s x
drink coffee & journal x
breakfast under way
:arrow: In a while
granny duty
watering

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 am

do you think I could hire your d son Harriet to help me focus at my home... I think it's so so neat and important what he does!!! to help others is a blessing.

it looks like I am home this morning after all... I drove to d mil's house to pick her up and all of our roads are flooded (I drove for an hour and finally had to turn back - I had to take many different roads to get home because of the water blocking the traffic areas. Left at 8:30 and home at 10:00 am
I heard it is taking people 3 hours (a town 20 minutes to 1/2 an hour north of me) to get to where I was going today.

dd has dr. appointment and I think I will have to leave earlier

so trying to get things done that are mini's
back
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 am

Hi d nancy!!!

by the way I loved the chicken pictures very fun

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:00 am

I love a new day... it has so much promise in it.
I slept all afternoon after coming back from neurology appointment with dd. (headache from weather I am sure) but I am feeling better today.

My cards this morning:
dailies
put away card
is a room to room shuffle (more like a happy dance????)

paper work and scanning

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:54 am

I remember from P & P books the North South East West focus for de-cluttering cards doing a room go to the center pick a wall and move in that direction do the North wall & side of the room for example one day and then the next one clock wise in a short amount of time a room is done, then move to the next room. Starting in the smallest room is some thing I like to do b/c progress is quicker. This could be GPS type focused thinking for the card file progress.

Today I've tamed a few hot spots while looking for some thing kids misplaced for me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:21 am

I really like that idea d nancy. I have been really struggling on focusing on house work as I have become obsessed with finishing scanning the family photos before my d mom comes back home as she wants her photos back. She thinks I am giving them away. but that's okay

so this morning I am going to do left to right in my kitchen first doing those cards first.
dd has an appointment where we have to leave at 2 and I won't be home all day

bc dd made shortbread cookies and I didn't do a dish all day... :oops: the kitchen had 2 loads of dishes. one is washing themselves right now and I hand washed the big items and have another load ready to go in the dish washer boy am I a lazy
stove is clean
counters and table clean now to empty dw again ;)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:13 am

One thing that seems to work for me is to do a round of cards then scan or get on the p/c as a reward for doing those cards.

I'm up s2s done
take meds. "
morning brew " [coffee]
chicken chores x
cooking * eggs are boiled; pumpkin is cooking in the oven for the chickens to eat later on.
:arrow:
Next up
journal
breakfast
errands
My day seems to be under way.

Return to “Cardfile Central”