June 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: June 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:46 am

June 8, 2013
today I am supposed to go to the natural farms by our house to see if I want to place an order for chicken's for next time (sorry already gone ones) these chickens actually live their lives running around - they have electric fences to keep out coyote and other predators. (it's a really large area). It's all organic free range. They also offer cattle but I don't have room in my freezer for a side of beef. Family had a beef cattle farm and they were treated beautifully. I still feel bad though that they are killed and I have tried to go vegetarian many times but so far not a total change. I am going over there today to see how they treat their animals as the farm is opened to visitors this weekend.

at 6:30 am I went to home depot and got mushroom compost (dh wanted 25 bags) and told me I would be able to wash off the smell ... Wrong!!!! I had to go for a blood test and I realized that even though I was nice and clean I still smelled like mushroom compost! Any way it worked out as they misplaced my paper work.

time to wash my hands again and make my d mom's kugelhopf, boil the root vegetables for salad as I couldn't do it last night as I forgot dd had guitar. dh wants me to move the compost to the back - he told me I didn't have to yesterday. knowing him he will move all of them and suffer later for it.

we went to the farm and it was a nice afternoon out, let dd younger drive, dinner, work around the house.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm

June 9, planning day... people 2 people farewell party with d mom and dd
get ready for week
pack the car for tomorrows day at dmil

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: June Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:00 pm

Blessed hope you have an enjoyable day.

I need to return a DVD before six this evening.
I've been outside this morning doing yard stuff with h. getting the fencing put up I got a few weeks back. Hoping it looks less tacky as the neighbors are putting their house on the market soon. It went well and we are pleased with the results.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Monday stuff today is up
dump trash before Tues. trash day * underway
bake cookies for lunches x
unload dishes x
now on to keep tackling the daily things first.
reload dish washer x
sweep dining room x
sweep kit. x
sweep carport x
sweep front steps & walkway x
boil & peel eggs x
water chicken yard * = underway move water xx
8-) Loving this nice weather we're having this week.
update blog x
dgd's lunch x
cut & punch planner paper x
Next up; Sort & start laundry heading to the basement.
Waving to Blessed, Harriet and all who enter!
OMM
There is an o.t.r. trucker that is home and when ever he's home he has a p/c jammer or something that messes with my p/c when the truck is here just in case posting about this so you know not worry about me if you do not hear from me it's probably that or me being out in the garden.

On Sat. I got a couple of DVDs for the kids one was toast but the other is great Franklin & the green knight dgd is enjoying it.
:idea: I also got a notebook with one line and spiral and am cutting filler paper for the planner and I love the one line for lists notes etc. I have a multi hole punch for this and the lines are wider much easier for me to use.

This weekend at a yd. sale I found a tote with wheels and put the toys in it for a quick stash and dash if needed! Love this one.

Got paint [new] for the coop to see how it works they did not have semi gloss so go satin not sure if I'll like it or not. Want to try out a new trim color before putting it on the house.

*Poof*
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Wow look at our d nancy go!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I was gone all day working at d mil's.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:11 am

I am struggling get the balance of housework, self care, yard work all together. I lost my doctor appointment list too!

But it is absolutely beautiful outside... adventure calls me... but I have to listen to the house! 8-)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 am

Blessed yes summer adds the fun of outside work and play!
Tackling Tues. stuff. Trash is out to the curb.
I've gotten the next batch of sod out in the trash.

Rounded up the laundry and it's going again now.
Counting that for my ex.
I've done my journal entry for today.
Q.T. under way
I wanted to get on here and check in before granny duty begins.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:51 am

hi D Nancy. Did you know by my house and around the Chicago area they now have rent a chicken... no kidding....they bring the chickens and the equipment to you and you care for the chickens all summer and then they pick them up for the winter. The customer can request the same chicken (s) back the next year... they put a band on the chicken with your name. I thought you would find that interesting.

I also came across something neat... a local organic farm has a large free range chicken pen that can be attached on a small tractor and rolled to different spots. It's electric operated by solar. they keep 2 geese in the area with them (not clipped) so that the hawks are kept away

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 am

struggling with tow many ways I can go and not going anywhere! You know that dreaming (planning excuse) and not really doing the work because you feel lazy.
thats where I am at this morning (sometimes I can see that little girl in me saying "I want to play" :D

today I have to make a couple salads for tonights dinner with friends, :arrow: dd has a doctor appointment at 11:30 am (doctor appointment was great for dd - it frees her to go on her trip - he said she had to be careful as she still has some concussion side effects but that she didn't have to stay home)

the next right thing (besides dailies)

I had to laugh... I made all the stuff for the salads but didn't put them together except the carrot salad. Dressings are done... but we are not going tonight! maybe tomorrow or I will be sharing lots of salad with my neighbors!

go to the store to get colorful beets because I left the others on the counter and they died :D
cook the beets, turnips, carrots for root salad :D and top with celeriac :arrow:
make a regular salad?
make a carrot salad (bacon, onion, vinaigrette, parsley) Made :D

if the tomatoes are good will cut the tomatoes and mozzarella tomorrow, make a balsamic salad Dressing made
Raspberry sauce made :D
Make plum pie

dishes washing themselves twice today.... ready in a bit for put away 7:57 pm
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Cardfile Central”