July Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

July Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 pm

I'm working on some July plans this week here.
Our 40th wedding ann. is in July next week so is dd's.

The forth of July is rapidly approaching, might have gotten us having it here this yr.; dd's b.b.q. is broken :roll: H. has a turkey to smoke.

Christmas in July has begun for me we have done up a couple batches of cookie dough. :idea: This mo. we are buying cookies and any dough we make up is going into the freezer.

Nancy

Re: July Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:40 am

Menu for 4th decided on except for dessert.

Reservations made for our delayed ann. weekend get away.

E-reader / tablet / ipad shopping for my 40 wedding ann. gift. I will have to see what specs. ect. for this. Smart TV for h. learning a lot! In a word electronics. We decided not to do a trip cruise etc. doing this instead.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:26 pm

One cafe' closed so we did go to alternate one and enjoyed the meal!

I have more cake mixes to make up cookie dough to freeze for my Christmas in July project it's too hot do bake any way. {H. seems to be doing ok with the non home baked ones.}

My habit this mo. work on the dining table every day!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

I worked on the dining table and house spiff this morning getting up @ five helped thunder boomers got me up h. had to go to work early to beat the heat.

We've picked apples & cherry plums for the chickens, trash truck has come by so I got the cans back in from the curb.

Dgd is here now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:47 pm

I am so excited that your 40th anniversary is next week!!! congratulations!!!

and look at you so busy too d Nancy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:00 pm

Had a headache all night and then took tylonel early this morning and went to sleep again. Woke at noon :oops: ;)
heard from dd younger last night and she is with a lovely family.

okay: it is now 1:03 (gosh did that take long enough to wake up)
I am doing a room by room today and major laundry put away
went to the grocery store for veggies
I still have a headache dog gone it.

its amazing what sweeping the floor can do. dh swept the floor while I was gone (he thinks we have more dogs than we have lol) and it looks so much better. I haven't done anything worth writing about.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:21 am

july 5

ready to start my day. feeling so much better

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am

Blessed glad you are feeling better. Tried to post a cyber hug yesterday but the p/c was acting up! :roll:

I got another batch of Christmas in July cookie dough in the freezer.
I'm refilling up the plastic tubs that hold two batches each and have three and a half done yea for progress! B/C of doing this it's a challenge to get a home made cookie here. One batch did not turn out as well so we will be baking those up for the freezer for lunches and snacks maybe today.

I got some mending done yea my capris are hemmed now!
Mowing x

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:17 am

Printed out my July, August, September Laundry page for cutting and pasting to 3x5s. I'm a little late with that, but I'll get it all recorded.

We have 2 family birthdays in July, both little people. I have one main gift purchased and several small add-on gifts. Need to call parents and ask about the other gift possibilities.

We've had 2 different sleep-over friends for nights this summer so far. One is much more difficult than the other, and I'm wondering how far my responsibility extends there. It's tempting to say "no" to visits to their house, because it's just so hard to have her over here. The other girl seems to be inspiring to dd, to accomplish things.

In general, the switch-over to summer schedule (or non-schedule) has NOT been good for discipline around here. I have no doubt it is good for me to have been getting enough sleep, but without the tyranny of the alarm clock (smile), a lot of plans are slipping. I'm sure we were really burned out before, but we all need to become self-starters now. That's easier said than done!

The drenching rains never stop. Nothing can get done outside, which should motivate us to do a lot inside, right? Somehow, it doesn't work like that! It dampens the mood indoors, too. (sorry about the pun!)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:26 am

Harriet WTG on printing out the cards!

I'm feeling better now than when I first got up. Today we'll bake up some more cookies dgd had so much fun doing that yesterday. We sort of had to improvise for shapes for the 4th of July but did okay with Christmas stars and a I that looked like a firecracker a u.s.a. shape and other fun shapes for cut out cookies. So I'll be looking for some more shapes to use for the 4th of July. We did not frost them just sent half of them home for dgd to take on the camp out they will do later on.

Need to make the bed and think about the rest of my morning routine. Journaling & QT done.

Return to “Cardfile Central”