Aug. Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Ivy

Re: Aug. Cards 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:33 am

I'm working on my card file system from scratch, practically.
I've got each room on a divider card, so will write each room's cleaning duties on an index card, for heavier underneath cleaning as well as for quick house blessing days.
I've got my self-care section, writing job section, crochet, quilting, scrapbooking, routines sections, too. I'll follow my routine cards, which had been in my day's control journal folder.
I'm working on deadlines each month, having to do with my writing job, so there's that date, as well as appointments upcoming, which I focus on getting ready for, as far as planning out goes, too.
August, for me, is busy with grsons' activities, as they stay with us, but it all ends the 24th.
I need to gear up, in August, for my Sept. physical, by trying to be as healthy as I can be prior to labs, etc..
I loosely have a weekly plan, which is based on DH's getting firewood M-W-F from 9 - 11 a.m. or noon or 1 p.m., whatever they need to get the job done. This gives me time to do my work job or work on the house or relax to read, etc...
I think, for me, how August is a transitional month into the Autumn months. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:58 am

WTG Ivy! I agree that Aug. is a transitional mo. for fall stuff back to school for those that have school related stuff.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I agree Big Way to go d ivy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:09 pm

I know I have company coming and it makes me feel like stalling.. go figure.
I just to accept I have to just do it!

dd younger had a training at school where the parents joined in and at 3:00 we have to leave.
it's 12:10 and I should get a lot done but haven't started.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:32 pm

wasting time! exhausted for no reason
took one of the dogs to vet, ran an errand, watched tv for an hour as I am so tired and don't know where to start today. :oops: Made appointments for dd
I need to get my act together and I think exercise is the only way to get some energy back. dd older called and wanted me not to cook while friends are here this week bc of the mess she worries about and wanted to make sure we had a clean house for her friends :oops:

okay needed to believe in myself again that I can do it! exhausted forgot to take my meds this morning
first exercise :D , then dressed s2s, :D dailies, put new blankets on dd olders room for company, close door to keep cats out. floors are clean... dogs can dirty them in no time

today is thursday: dark wash day
drive at 3:30 for dd's lessons
pull cards especially empty dw :D
paper work :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:46 pm

((blessed)) Glad you got some energy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:45 am

thanks d harriet I needed that :D :D :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:08 am

ok...I have company coming - thats a fact!!!

so first things first
put away dining room straightened. :D (sigh put together 1 black bag of clean laundry that had been sitting there for one week :oops: ) and front hall (put away) :D , dh changed the litter. :D next to do: dd olders room where d friend will be staying (I need to wash sheets :D - her room is straightened and vacuumed but I need to get the room together),
make bedroom up
put away any where (truth be told... I bagged 1 bag but the 3 season room is full of bags... clean laundry, dd olders stuff from college - I really need to catch up on put away and dejunking especially as things are beginning to build
bring hamper down from closet
set up clean hamper
bathrooms are clean thank goodness!

hair cut dd younger noon :D
2:00 pictures :D (got done early yay!)
taking a non thinking break: not tv but computer and then back to work
4:12 pick up dd older
then out to dinner with all the kids
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Waving to everyone.
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/ CEO 's take on back to school and the holiday prep.

Yesterday I had kids here all day yesterday. from eight a.m. until nine thirty, dd 's bday, dgson was ill at home. Today I'm digging out after this week. Making some progress on the kitchen & dining room.
Cooking Card is up; trying out some new recipes. I've done some cooking boiled up some eggs to devil not a new one but cooked a custard in the crock pot today is new. I'm pretty happy with the results I'm using up the brown sugar I have and then will be converting to some Splenda. {I'm out at the moment.} I've not cooked custard in a crock pot before! :mrgreen: I put the last of the cobbler I did yesterday in it in containers and froze 'em for hubby's lunch. He likes it when I try out new recipes. The "crustless quiche" in a wrap was a definite hit as well here. Using up as many eggs as I can in some of these recipes as we have an abundance now!

I did a few chores outside also, before it got too hot I did my walk a longer today. I saw two deer males that was fun.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Great great work d Nancy!!!! you are really planning and doing ahead - that's awesome! thanks for sharing the site!

Christmas - I bought one present for dd older - 2 years for her college alumni tuition (not expensive) but I know she will like that.
dd younger - I am thinking of taking all of her trip photos and put them on a dvd disk and print some to make a book for her.
my dmlm: taking her wedding pictures and pictures of my ddad and putting them in those preprinted books and dvds she likes

Return to “Cardfile Central”