Aug. Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Aug. Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 am

With Aug. rapidly approaching I need to focus on some things here coming this weekend.

How about you do you have things to look ahead to in your week and month?

Get mead. comp. note books and other office / school supplies. x
Back to school prep. x
Price e-book -tablet. X

We have a couple bdays this mo. also.

Grats aka Gratitude Card; putting this in as a tickler reminder to put 5 things I'm grateful for in my journal.

Harriet

Re: Aug. Cards 2013

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:37 am

As this busy weekend of social activity winds down, I'll need to think about what August holds, how I can get back to routines more, what my priorities need to become.

I know that tomorrow (Monday) morning needs to be Desk Day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:15 pm

I need to get back on track with some weekly routines better. I was ill last mo. and did shortened ones, then I was sewing. Seems I have great reasons but what ever the reason they still need attn. In another thread Ivy WTG Ivy! said I did something smart. I think I need I need a Do Something Smart Card. I can ask what did I do today that was smart? Like not getting stuff I did not need at the flea market.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:29 am

thank you d nancy (and d harriet) for helping think ahead for August!

for dd I have to send in forms, have her see the allergy doctor, order her pants for school
I am setting up a checking account she can use for paying for things for school and learn how to use a checking account
my one d sil has a birthday
Christmas: my mom's present - photo book and tape of a french comic from the 50's Ferdanel (someone had a tape for sale...$3500 wow they had to be kidding) \
for my immediate family - as a surprise - take all our videos and vhs tapes and put them on dvd's and share it with them Christmas morning)(do it monthly)
Taxes are coming up.

today: laundry room day, white laundry, dr. appointment 10, maybe dd younger sailing (leave at 3:30 to get there by 5) weather doesn't look good, me exercise, dogs brush, walk youngest dog as older dog goes to the beach with me.

picnic lunch - go to store and buy sandwich, make a lentil salad for me,
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:10 am

Today's grats include 1) a bit of rain today when I let the chickens out and 2) seeing the pink sunrise as I did that 3) Making progress on the daily stuff 4) reclaiming the kitchen counters 5) dishes are going.

I have a plan! :mrgreen: Yea!

When things get crazy - just focus on the 3 D's. Dinner, dishes and duds... you will feel in control of something and the rest will come.
EN

Thankful I read this in BWP thread today it's really helping me to remember to focus on the main things thanks I needed that today!

swish main bathroom toilet x
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Yay! d nancy for keeping balance and getting things done

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Birthdays and event planning -
The only 2 birthdays in August for us are over the same Fri/Sat :roll: that also includes a bridal shower! Ugh. One bday is dd's, and the other is my dfirstmil's 95th (kinda meaningful in my opinion), and she lives more than an hour away. The bridal shower (also her family - my late dh's nephew) is at least an hour away in the opposite direction! It's at the perfect time for dd's birthday party, and would take 2 hours just driving, plus probably 1.5 hours there.

I've gotten directions to the shower and have my gift, which is too heavy not to be carried. My smart ddil is just mailing a gift certificate because she has to work. Dd33 says she's not worried about a distant shower for a 2nd marriage for a cousin who's older than she is. :? Thought about calling dbil's wife, but her dd would be taking a toddler for whom she likely wants to keep the car seat in their own vehicle, so my call can't be to offer a ride.

Also complicating this further is my hope to make pretty cupcakes for dd's birthday. That will take time, and part of the time needs to be the morning of whatever celebration we plan.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:45 pm

wow your weekend is busy... I think you need 3 d harriets to go in the different directions! can you make the cupcakes and freeze them and then frost and decorate them on the day you need them? I know lots of people who do that.. they just defrost them and decorate.

Happy birthday to your d first mom in law!!!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:48 pm

We have a couple of Aug. b.days as well.

I've got the third load of wash in and one more to go not counting sheets that are still on the bed.
I'm trying to keep the kitchen looking as good as it was this morning.
I've cleaned the coop and the chicken run. Gathered eggs.
Gotten the mail.
Lunch is over.
Cookies are baked for h's lunches.
Trash has been dumped.
Dishes are put away.
Diner I have a plan.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Tea time today I'm finishing up on laundry sheets are back on the bed.
I've got a plan for dinner yea and dishes have been rinsed and loaded.
So today is under way.
I even dusted a bit in the master bedroom.
Trash day here and the can is back from the curb now brought the neighbor's back as well.

Return to “Cardfile Central”