Oct. Cards 2013

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Oct. Cards 2013

Postby Nancy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:49 am

It is time to think about Oct. Cards. Special days celebrations
The thrift stores were buzzing with kids claiming costumes.
I need to pay attn.
To the entryway
carport needs swept
The deck needs cleared off. Winterizing the yd. Drain hoses. Winter wardrobe card is up also.

Harriet

Re: Oct. Cards 2013

Postby Harriet » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:48 am

Need to buy : 4x6 gridded cards for healthy habits. So glad I caught this - started my last one today but didn't know it. I thought there were more in another spot but there are not. Whoops.

I do have one birthday to remember this month.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am

Do you have a special seasonal card this mo.! Like going to a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins they have one here. Please share your fav. from when kids or you were young. Then you have some thing to share on grandma giggle day!

Go to the dump card is up so we can have room for the leaves when they come down so I will work on that some more.

Sew Halloween's costume card up they are fun dgd gets her next one in the summer yd. sale rounds found them at the dollar store had some for dgson.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:57 am

how do you use your grid cards d harriet?
hi d nancy!

My October cards relate to getting the house ready for fall and winter coming, fall/halloween/Thanksgiving and Christmas.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 am

I took 2 days off of cleaning and cooking and have had a blast with my visiting cousin and now today I have to work at the house because the floors etc. need my attention. laundry .... has great great great grandchildren.

off for a little paper work

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:49 pm

I am back from groc. Shopping now I can make up meal and menu plans. I stocked up on soup.

Looking forward to Harriet's ans. On grid cards.

Clean sheets card up today.
Sheets are ready to go in the dryer now.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:56 pm

happy clean sheets day d nancy!!!

today: mostly driving others,
house smells like cats again... I just litter 3 days ago
ran to the store
I would love to go to dinner with my cousin but today is our 32 anniversary, dh and I don't make a big fuss but I would like a clean house for him.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:26 pm

blessed, turned horizontally, the first line is for the date I'm starting the card. The second is for the M, T, W , Th, etc. for half the month, each day above a square in the grid. The days start about 6 spaces over to leave space for words down the side. There will usually be 15 or 16, except February!
I use a ruler and mark a line all the way across under the days.

Then, down the left side, I usually write:

Water (this is pints)
Vitamins
Exercise
Fts, Veggies
Mostly God Made?

and I check off each square that I can. I do use half-checks, too.

The only space left is about a half-line's space at the bottom, and sometimes I count up my checkmarks and put the total there.

I also use the ruler to make a vertical line between the words and the start of the days.

I keep the card on the fridge under a magnet, and have a pen in a holder there for checking off.

Trick or Treat was so sweet when I was a child as many mothers and neighbors who loved children would make cupcakes, etc - very personal baking. Then with my two older children, we had fun making small treat bags out of that smallest size paper mini-grocery bag, maybe 4x7, which we'd fill with non-sugar treats because dneighbor/cousin's child had juvenile diabetes, plus it was just good for children. We had a lovely tray of those every year, tied with orange curly ribbon at the top, through punched holes. Dd15 has never known us to have a single Trick-or-Treater - things just changed, I guess. She has always gone out to family's houses, but has seen no one Trick-or-Treat in our area.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:01 am

Thank you d harriet.. I saved it to my file so I can do the same. I can't seem to get control of my eating and exercising lately.

How sweet to make those bags! We too, don't really have trick or treaters even though I am trying hard to entice them off the main neighborhood.. we are a cul de sac near the marsh. When we lived in the country we didn't have trick or treaters just 4 H parties and go to the small neighborhood that was in town.
We were going to make a haunted woods on our property but we moved b 4 I could do that.

Have a wonderful day D harriet and d Nancy.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:49 am

I have given the hens popcorn and one over ripe pear for some of their rations. I rounded up the ones that got out whave a couple that get out, sitnon the fence whe. Some one comes, also look for bugs trests in the carport and on the kitchen step to beg for treats!

Dishes have been loaded,
bed is straightened needs a bit More attn.
Duds need attn.
I need a plan for dinner.

Return to “Cardfile Central”