Jan. Cards 2014

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: Jan. Cards 2014

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks, BookSaver. It's all I can do not to kiss the little darlings sometimes! (Usually after I get away from them a while and need to come running back.)

One thing about The Printable CEO is that there is a lot of acknowledgement of tweaking and for some products even an invitation to go ahead and re-do the printables to suit needs. I'm very impressed with that. Very inclusive. It's the Emergent Task Planner I might cut apart, at least, to make an original for printing 3x5s, and as of Feb 2013, He allows users to create "Emergent Task Planner variants" for their own use, so I don't think someone wanting to make a cut across his form to use one part could be offensive.

Like you, I start thinking, of course, that I can always type my own series of zeros :roll: across a printed mini-form of my own. So if I get really ambitious and start liking time-managing cards, I may experiment with that. I won't do it yet, because for all I know I'll tire of time record-keeping. Right now, it seems like it would spur me to more interest in the tasks on the cards and how long it takes/how long I'm able to do them.

Taping my own reprintables to cards has been working great so far for laundry (Monthly) and FOCUS/declutter (per round list to have for quick reference in the card file). These would be used for weekly, though. (like how much I work on the FOCUS room on each day per week). It could be over-kill.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Got so side tracked looking at those and apps.
Back from doing errands.
Dgd is here we made chicken treats hens love them.
Unload dish washer x
Next up
work on counters x & find table

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

Today I need to work on clearing the table and my bwp before granny duty.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 pm

Got so side tracked looking at those and apps

Sorry, Nancy! I didn't mean for it to be "catching", but I have also done that. Like BookSaver said, if it might save time later, should we spend our time learning about it now. Could go either way. But also, I find it encourages me to do the work if I have invested myself in being organized about it.

Looking at the Concrete Goals Tracker, already 3x5, it occurs to me I could just put 4 different "start dates" across the top to line up with the 4 columns of ovals underneath. For instance, say the card was going to be all about decluttering, dates might be Feb 3, Feb 10, Feb 17, Feb 24. The days of the week are already down the right-hand side. All I really need to replace are those vertical columns of numbers, "10x, 5x, 2x, 1x" (and instead have words there, for instance "laundry, storage, outdoor, kitchen").

With dark, colored pens, it would be easy to cover those by writing the words sideways, and they would pretty much just disappear under the darker lettering. If a word was too short to cover the long thin column, I could add lines on either side, or write the word twice, or put a line up through all of the numbers as an underline for the sideways word.

That would be the simplest use of the time-management ovals for 3x5s and really wouldn't change the form at all, just write on it. Would take very little time to get a card ready for use. At the end of the month, I'd see at a glance how many 15s of declutter I'd been able to give each space.

Return to “Cardfile Central”