Feb. Cards 2014

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Feb. Cards 2014

Postby BookSaver » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Harriet, the version of the time tracker form I printed says it's the 3x5card with 4 on a page, but it's only 3 because he's taking up 1 of the cards with explanation. I wanted to use it for 4 tasks this week with each bubble being 1/2 hour, but I'll only need all of the bubbles each day for 2 of the tasks.

(Actually, I ran out of bubbles Monday and Tuesday for my file archives project as described in Decluttering. :roll: :geek: )

Anyway, for the remaining 2 tasks, I'm splitting the 3rd form with a vertical line down the middle. I will track decluttering personal papers on the left half, and trying to learn to play ukulele practice time on the right half.

Maybe if you split your decluttering tracker the same way to use it for 2 weeks of tracking, or split further for 4 weeks, it will help your head?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm

I like the idea of time tracking but my inner brat sometimes gets the best of me.
I find I still need to check things off at times to keep motivated.

job today: garbage run
DECLUTTER

Can't believe its 12:30 pm I slept until 10 as I had a headache: it snowed 8" which I love
listing everything I do to keep me I am trying to keep my focus:
dishes in dw from last night cleaning themselves,
honest: I still have dishes left over... I got a headache last night and well there went do the dishes
spent the afternoon dejunking my kitchen herbs (I bought two spice racks for the cabinet) - so all my herbs are put in where they belong! dejunked my cabinets of food items etc. so done!

HI D NANCY d HARRIET, D BOOK AND ALL.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:44 pm

I have been out to do hen chores the loved the flock block thing before so much I got another one for them in the cold today.
Laundry is going.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 am

41 days until spring. Just a gentle reminder that the cold weather will not be here forever. We are supposed to get snow sometime later in the week. I took some needed down time today. Dinner is done dishes are rinsed.
Laundry is sorted folded and put away.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Waving to Harriet Blessed and all who enter this thread!
40 days till spring.
I have sheets in the wash now.
Kit. & dining room have been swept.
Bathrooms are good.
I have made progres on cou ters as well.
So I can breathe a sigh of relief. Yea for progress!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:45 pm

BookSaver, I'm impressed you have not only been able to use that card, you've even been successful targeting how long a library project took. Good job, and I'd imagine that info is important to you. That's the kind of thing that could have you working on and on and on to a conclusion, but not really knowing what it "cost" unless you tracked it. So I'm kinda glad to hear you have a "hard-copy" of your time given. And look how tiny your record-keeping is! You can keep it a long time, safe in the box, without wasting space. Yay for 3x5s!

Yes, that is the same printable of 3 cards and one explanation (of how to use it in business) with which I experimented, too. Called Concrete Goals Tracker. (good name) I like the size of the ovals on it.

I labeled the 4 columns with a different week each, giving five 15-minute spaces of time (1.25 hours) per day to the card's task.

But I don't think this particular card works well for rotating tasks. Using the right side of the card as is (divided by days of the week) is not going to work for mine. My days are filled with too many diverse tasks to adapt to that. I may give a lot of tasks just 15 or 30 minutes a day each. For instance, if I made a card like that for only "declutter" and had a terrific clutter busting week, I'd still look like a slacker on the card, lol, because the large majority of the ovals wouldn't be filled. I'd need to lump several different tasks into "housework" to use the card efficiently, and gee, that sounds depressing! :lol:

So I can see how this card, as is, is great for projects like you did, but I'm still brainstorming which (if any) would be good for rotating tasks.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Thanks, Nancy, fr the reminder spring is coming. HRH and I were talking about how, when the grass starts growing too fast, we'll think back to February fondly, lol.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:37 pm

hello d Nancy, d book, d Harriet.

today Is a dejunking of papers day... I went through magazines and I recycled all but kept a couple pages from 2
took me awhile
I went to the store, fish market, and butcher for the week more or less.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 pm

Snow day!
H. Is home I have been focusing on snow removal,
house work has taken a back seat.
I still need to sweep the front steps and deck off rest is off. X
How do your cards change for a snow day?
5 weeks until spring.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:55 pm

not much here re: change in snow day! Thats the nice thing about having young adults and teens in the house.

Return to “Cardfile Central”