July Cards 2014

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
blessedw2

Re: July Cards 2014

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:37 am

Yay on your progress d nancy!!!

Yesterday was a busy day... went to friends garage sale - busy work at home - then ate dinner at d mom's and played games with dmom and my dgirls
dd younger is struggling about college... getting depressed in leaving home.

today: daily cards and put away car - going for walk with family at 5
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:47 am

blessed, I wish I knew what advice to give you.

Because we happen to have choices of colleges near enough, my older dd's first 2 years were spent with our house still home. It was a lot of driving, which was a trade-off in terms of our worry, of course, and she lunched at the university and sometimes went out with friends in late afternoon and early evening, but everyone liked that by late evening, she was in her own environment, her own bedroom, refrigerator, washing machine. By the end of those 2 years she was oh-so-ready to take an apt with 2 girlfriends near campus and by then she knew exactly which one she wanted to choose, how to walk safely to class, etc.

Cons included ds not being able to move into the larger bedroom as he approached 6-foot teenager needs. All the driving cut into dd's study time, really put miles on her car, and probably wore it down faster. She may have felt less a part of university life, too, especially since she wanted to be in the choral group.

Thinking in terms of 2014 - could you plan to skype a lot? I don't know whether she will travel to school by car or not, or how far it is, but is there a pleasant town in the middle where you could meet, so you could see each other more often?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:23 am

I have done so much out side it is time to do some thing about those daily routine cards.
:idea:
Blessed I use to say done bug me I am intime out to my kids! LOL!

Extra animal care feeding fish cats & checking on them for some folks it is going to on be hot. Sigh!

Doc. Visit Tues.at least it is I. The a. m.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:32 am

so cute d nancy!!!

Thanks so much dearest Harriet... skyping is an awesome idea!!!
Dd older has suggested we go in 2 weeks to dd younger to visit and she loved the idea - that seemed to help. Also d friends in later 20's (isn't funny how you can become friends even with such an age difference - I am older than their mothers - they are family now - are going to visit dd younger bringing the toddlers with them so that will help. She is very trusting and that worries me but I have to trust she will find her way.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Cardfile Central”