July Cards 2014

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: July Cards 2014

Postby Nancy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:41 am

Ducky Pwyc = post when you can is the daily activity thread saw you over there already. I use this tread when I need more focus.

First five done: (Daily stuff under way now.) I gathered eggs and got hens fed watered and spiffed up kitchen did a short walk. Laundry is rounded up ready to start today's load.
:idea:
Next 5
Farmers mkt. sounds fun.
I need a plan for dinner = grillin'. X
Dishes are rinsed & loaded in the dishwasher. X
Duds are rounded up * = progress
Declutter bagged up pile of paper to shred in office x
dump trash x

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 am

I use the July cards to focus as well d ducky .. not always successfully lol

I also know that if I am an all or nothing type of person ;) and tend to get very down on myself lately if I don't have all the cards done for the day... but limiting my self to one activity and congratulating myself for that one activity I feel like I at least accomplished something. I just love everyone on the pwyc and tend to socialize more than doing. Lets say I am the puppy dog and the butterfly... I many times do more planning than acting - but I am trying to keep it simple by doing one thing at a time here.

Hi d Nancy! Hi d Harriet! and Hi d ducky.

Happy Sunday

I had to make two trips to the great escape... first for pool chemicals and then found out a large piece cracked so... back again,
ran to butcher
helped on pool with dd younger,
made dinner
no dailies done yet.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:41 am

Got a q. About 5 x 5 challenges they have been
Something we used to do on previous boards like fly lady's bingo. Pick 5 cards post what they are then report back & post progress repeat some times we would do this for a theme for a day. It really helps if you have crisis cleaning like Mon. Morning dig out company coming or just leaving.

An example would be
Breakfast
Pet Chores
Spiff kit.
Qt.
Journal
-------
CI
Breakfast x
Pet chores x
Done to here... up next qt & journal kit spiff in a bit.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Next 5
Qt x (x = done)
Journal x
Watering back x
S2s x
Make bed x

indy

Postby indy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm unclear on the "Month" Cards postings -- my own month cards are no longer monthly cards. I have three months on a card for each of the four seasons. So this time of year I have a yellow card for summer with a list of tasks in each of the months.

June: the exteriors of the window and the screens are done

July: appliances cleaned/repairs done if needed (rotation) we just repaired the stovetop and the upper oven and I did a basic clean
Zone 3 is due for a Grand Plan or Full Room cleaning -- in my house this area is the bedrooms and bathrooms

August: rotate mattresses (this gets done as we grandplan the bedroom so August basically is clear which works well as it is usually a traveling month for us nowadays.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:15 am

This thread is broken down into months so it would not be so many pages long. Also "The Happiness File" book had monthly themes. Today I am trying to get to some catch up work today. Some laundry needs attn. Trying to do better at staying current with that.

Have done hen chores having coffee now trying to catch up on news. Saw theend of one world cup game last night. Wondering if it is over yet.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:17 am

indy, if it helps to know, P and P didn't even include monthly cards when they published the Organized From the Inside Out tapes and cards in 1992. They went straight from weeklies to seasonals. So I think it would be safe to say monthlies might be a small section of cards for most folks and some wouldn't even need them. For me, monthlies are scant - changing calendars, changing kitchen towel, that sort of thing. Also checking the calendar for the month ahead for birthdays, etc.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:18 am

Monthly cards great for bday ann. Reminders, parties like graduation 4th of July planning notes sizes prefrences fav. Fam recipes so they are easily found. Just have one card for ea. Event /person and a Mo. Divder.

First few done
Journal x
Min. Ex. = yd wk x
Round up & start laundry washer twins going now.
Now planning dinner I need to thaw out meat.
Dump trash card before trash day tomorrow is up.

indy

Postby indy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks for the expanations, ladies. Got it. I could us the idea of focus on "X, Y and Z" this month -- may do this with just a list page that I let serve for each moth -- it would also function as an ongoing "on my mind" list which might help me get revved up again.

indy

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:47 pm

I get side tracked in PWYC so I come here and try to have some progress to report a quick post & run every so often. I was w/out cable & inernet they had to put it back up again it is in a better spot now.
It was a great time to vacuum and finish mopping and get some more cards done. I finished up on the laundry. Pizza is ready to go in the oven as well.

Return to “Cardfile Central”