April Cards 2015

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: April Cards 2015

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Never mind on the tax q.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:38 am

my card file was put on hold yesterday as I worked on decluttering. hi d Nancy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:58 pm

Make bed x
tax stuff & errands return jeans store run x
s2s x
am routine x
qt & journal x
Dishes and laundry current.
Dump trash card is up. X

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:42 pm

Call cable inernet provider x
knitting class x
Spiff lr x
Vacuume & sweep traffic areas. X
Spiff bathroom. x
Get veg. & herbs to plant. X

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:26 am

Glad to have new router so we have the net today yea that call was successful!
Mop dining room card is up.
Journal card is up.

Art date had me at the green house getting some herbs & garden plants yesterday! Fun but frost warnings have them inside on the dining room floor.
measured for the path in the back yard. Tryinhg to think houw to give it a more of an Itialian garden flair. Revamping this area os on the schedule.

Collecting rocks with toddlerN on our walks has been fun this week for her rock garden they are moving to a house with her uncle.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 am

You are doing very very well d Nancy!!!

I drove dd younger downtown for her cake class... A lot of unusual people at times... some nice ones and some unusual one. There was a protest near Willis/Sears tower when we were there. And then there was a young couple that came in trying to have people donate to their cause that will go to the police. They were really uncomfortably shady.

dd older took care of my kitchen and made dinner for us. so nice. We didn't get home until 10:30 pm

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:55 pm

WTG! Blessed.
Hope cake decorating class is better in the next sessions.
I got to the long over due clean microwave card today!
That felt great.
Got some pruning done too.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:46 pm

It's nice to hear about ya'll's cards that are up for you, and to think about where the same ones of mine are, in rotation. Microwave time for me, too. Ewww, blessed, that does sound like shady panhandling, but surely a one-time thing - hope the class is lots of fun. Is this decorating or recipe classes? Nancy, I'm sorry about your aunt and that you felt down.

I had an unnecessary cardfile worry this week when a bit of info appeared to be lost from my cardfile, back in the alphabetical section for household. But finally found. What had happened was that I'd written this on a 3 x 5 notepad sheet years ago rather than a card. I guess at the time I didn't realize that it would be needed in the long term and I would be referring to it for many years. With passing time, the flimsy sheet got frayed corners that started hanging on to the card in front of it. So it seemed to disappear.

About the third time I searched through the same cards I felt the two separate in my fingers. Whew. One of the first times I can remember thinking I'd "lost" any info that I put into the cardfile - it has always been like putting into a safe! (This is one reason I love the cardfile)

Anyway, lesson learned. Permanent cards need to be real cards! Never rely on a 3x5 notepad sheet for anything permanent. They are only for short-term chores or memory-boosters. Note to self: If paper turns out to hold important info, take the time to transfer it to cardstock 3x5 so it will last you for the long haul.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:46 pm

Thanks Harriet. I am over my slump now. Getting back on track is helping.
should put this in the outdoor thread but I am here, for lost the crab apple tree by the chicken run. :shock: so will need to deal with that moles did not help. Roses I moved last year and early this spring seem to be doing great however!

ToddlerN seems to be getting potty training down a bit better #1 anyway. :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:59 pm

I am glad you found your cards Dear Harriet. I had the same problem when I used note paper ... they stick to other things. So happy your cards came home to you! :D

D Nancy happy your slump went away. I went through it too... I would love to see if others go through it at the same time... maybe weather related, moon (no hollowing happening here :D ) It's nice that the little one is learning potty training. it's nice when that happens... no more diapers. Is this a family member or do you babysit. I used to babysit.

We are hopefully home all day - I do have to visit d uncle. I saw him yesterday but he needs a couple things today.
my Monday's are always bathrooms and dog room... but I think I will only do bathrooms today since I fell behind on weeklies and dailies. Also following the weekly focus.

Dr. Yearly appoinments made.

Last night there was a cat outside our house.. made our cats go crazy to the point where one was jumping at the wind. I might have to buy a water sprayer that only sprays when things get close

Return to “Cardfile Central”