May Cards 2015

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Harriet

Re: May Cards 2015

Postby Harriet » Fri May 08, 2015 7:41 am

Wow, blessed, what a break that your dd had a friend nearby, rather than being somewhere completely unfamiliar or being on an interstate highway! I didn't realize your dmother was back in Illinois for any particular length of time. I missed that. Sorry she is not finding it happy right now. Hopefully one animal under your uncle's house will be a quick fix for the animal control folks.

According to mapquest, this place where dd interviewed could be as quick as 20 minutes away if there's no traffic. In commuter traffic, I have no idea how much longer it could get. Wish I'd timed it on the way home just after 5, but I neglected to do that. We were in several traffic slow-downs. So I can see that driving her will become a big part of the day for 8 weeks and a lot of miles. Hopefully, HRH can take on some of it.

About the activity as we get older, I glanced over at the area that used to be a flower garden of mine and felt kinda down this morning. I used to work so hard on that area, lugging bags of soil amendments, bending, getting down on hands and knees, working until the mosquitos came out in the evening, lol. I still have the desire for the flowers but know that I won't be able to do all that work very well. I have to tend to the necessities around here instead.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 08, 2015 3:09 pm

d Harriet... I understand too about the garden and all the necessities that need tending. Life takes over. I really miss working in my garden and I miss being able to lug huge bags of soil (my body being so strong), using a fork and shovel to dig out my beds and being able to push around the big roto--tiller. Our tiller died this year but I can't pull the cord on a tiller anymore. Frustrating. My grandfather always had a beautiful garden - we would pick lettuces etc. and his flowers - oh my goodness! But during his time know that all activities and jobs (farm jobs) for kids were in the village where everyone could walk. D Harriet . You have the same thing as I do - where the dkids have to drive or be driven to jobs and activities.

My d cousin has a 14 year old girl and a 8 year special needs child - so her day is driving all day and all evening long. I don't know how she does it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your dd to get that job! I used my time I had to wait doing stitching, knitting, reading and learning and of course talking to my d mom or cousins on the phone.

It was nice that our d friends lived so close to where she was at. Poor girl was crying when we picked her up - she said it was so scary. Remember when we didn't have cell phones and would get stuck somewhere? It's so nice as a mom to know we can reach the kiddo's and they can reach us.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri May 08, 2015 3:51 pm

Waving to you gals quick post while the net is us up and going.
Some cards done; made bed, s2s, store run ,gardening, planted a new rose move a diff one, chicken chores I got a hand truck to move feed sacks in as I cannot lift em wout hurting something.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 09, 2015 11:41 am

HI Dear Nancy!!!!
Happy working!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat May 09, 2015 2:49 pm

More gardening planted what I got today and yesterday they were mostly new colors & viriety of iris! :mrgreen:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 am

Working on some neglected chore cards.
master bath x
dump trash x
vacuum lr x
-----
next round started
gather up laundry & start sheets in washer dobe sheets are back on the bed now.
breakfast x
dusting * = under way x x
done clearing out corners and dusting living room x
vacuumed creativity room x

Spiff living room worming on clearning out corners successful & half done. My focus & goal this mo. is to continue on clearing out catchall corners in each zone. More progress yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 13, 2015 11:49 am

yay!!!! d nancy

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed May 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Declutter card was up yesterday got a load delivered yea!
Laundry card is up today.
Spiff kit. Done.
Decluttered another bag of clothes to go.
Went to yarn meeting yesterday.
Yea more progress!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:06 am

hi!!!
d nancy your work inspires me!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:08 am

so far played with dogs
emptied dishes and refilled
paperwork
now for counters then take uncle to his appointment - call d mom and see if she wants to walk in the woods for a bit.
took uncle to doctor, His fridge broke so I called someone for monday.
ran to pottery barn to use coupon from when I purchased the couch on pottery barn card.
spend time with dd older
dd younger went to center to sail with dear friend.
dh did the dishes.
waiting for dd younger to come home so I can go for a walk
Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri May 15, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cardfile Central”