December in the Card File

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: December in the Card File

Postby BookSaver » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:31 pm

blessedw2 ~ I hope you're feeling better today. It's wonderful that your gift of family pictures was appreciated.

It's time to update my 3x5 box for 2009. I see I've managed to tuck some misc. odds and ends in it (because in theory it's always handy and doesn't get lost) so the first thing will be to sort out the box! :oops: :roll:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:42 pm

december 28 can you believe.

dkids and I made a gift list to ourselves this year... instead of resolutions we call them gifts as a gift you can use it or not and it doesn't make you feel bad if you don't. Also it is a gift to oneself to do something you really want. It is more things we want to learn, or do. dd13 suprised me with some of hers. really interesting.

gifts I gave myself this last year:
learning more about french, learning more about math, reading, getting family history together,
and more.
learning to be more financially responsible.

My gifts I want to give myself this year: finding my purpose now that my kids are growing up, I have always been one on needing a reason to be, right now I am in between and need to grow.

1. exercise... to see if I can make it permanently part of my life and finish with doctors to find out what is wrong no matter what.
2. spend more time outdoors doing things I love
3.work with ddogs to get dog #2 in program with dd13 (it is one of her goals to get her into a sport... like agility. So I need to do my part to make her gift to herself work.
4. house:
really look at craft room and dejunk it. I no longer am a girl scout leader and I have to let go.
I have always wanted to put a book together on all these things but never have. so slowly I will test things out and take pictures and then let go.
continue on focus and cards
5. figure out what I love to do. things have changed in my life and now to view things in a positive way instead of seeing time slipping by. postive change.
6. continue learning

what gifts would you like to receive?
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:44 pm

hello book~~~~ waving at you! dd13 needs the computer but I just wanted to say hello

I too am tossing all the old written on cards and redoing my card file for the year. you know the weeklies etc.
this year I am adding garden as a major work card... my garden fell apart this year and I love to garden. great job.

also Nancy if you peek in I want to say hello!!!

dailies except sweep done.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:39 pm

BookSaver, I have had some really ridiculous snips of paper tucked into my box at different times :roll: . Like wanting to remember a size of clothing and just jamming a size tag in there, hoping I'll know what it meant later! LOL. A little organization, please! :roll:

blessed, I love this phrase: "finish with doctors" :D Boy, wouldn't it be great it we could just manage that on a permanent basis. But cool to be proactive and learn what they can find out for you.

Also cool about ddog2.

Another phrase I could borrow from blessed: "really look at craft room". I've got to go into my Quiltmaking Studio (remember that I insisted on calling it this respectable name?) and look at it with new eyes. Dh kept bringing in more "for" me and I think what he really did was take away the space, which is the most needed amenity. Also I need to organize, both physically and UFO-ily.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:09 am

dharriet I would love to finish with doctors 8-) :lol:

My goal too is get rid of ufo's and let go of the I should have's ... but life went to fast and get past I was too lazy attitude to do it as I know that I did my best and could not do it all. I always wanted lots of kids and kept the basics of every craft that I could teach, not tons but now I have to let go. Suffering with a little saddness letting that part go. I will keep the ideas for preschool as I know that is where I want to end up working again, but not the things.

dailies done :D
even evening routine :D
card file revamped (not monthlies) just weekly and dailies :D

good luck with your Quilt Studio.. I love that sound!!!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:05 pm

Gifts I Want to Give Myself in 2009

Healthier Habits --
* Exercise
* Learn to eat for FUEL not FUN
* Sleep at least 7 hours per night

A Confident, Calm Outlook
* I am currently re-reading The Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer in an effort to get my negative thinking of recent days straightened out
* More focus in Bible study

More Focus in Routines, Organization
* Straighten card file box (ditto what others have said about all sorts of stuff being tucked away in there!)
* Learn to follow routines before collapsing on the couch!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:37 pm

HI dlucy!!! one gift I want to give you, is not to be so hard on yourself during the year. YOu are so wonderful and I would be honored to have you as one of my dd's teachers. You do so much but don't give yourself as much credit as you deserve. My dmom and my dmil both said to me this year and I give that to you.
the evening thing is what I have tried to give myself this last part of the year. I love dharriets evening focus and I really try to stick to it as it really doesn't take as long as I thought :lol: but boy I grumble through it ;) but it really helps... nothing fancy.

great gift!.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:40 pm

Thank you, blessed... that is so sweet I may cry... (((hugs))) thank you!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:49 pm

hello!!! Nancy I am thinking of you too!!!

my daily cards pulled and done :D morning and evening routine done!!!

weekly pulled: clean garbage can kitchen :D
clean water cooler :D
change sheets and wash
1 set washing not finished dd13 went to bed with just clean blankets and pillow :roll:

put away: pictures :arrow: :?
also swept and vacuumed dining room :D
straightened frontroom :D
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:20 pm

Checking in;
have been off line for a mo. b/c hurt my shoulder;
and back issues.
changed p/c wireless providers too.
moving slowly these days,
doing less;
had 6" snow in dec. here for weeks.
yuck !

Return to “Cardfile Central”