Help needed

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
luvs2read

Help needed

Postby luvs2read » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:08 pm

Hello, I am trying to set up my cardfile, and am wondering -- do you all use the 1-31 numbered tabs to place your monthly chores? This seems like it would get a bit troublesome, and a lot of work, because I can see myself forgetting to place them or not knowing what the current date is if I happen to forget to move the card back one day?

Am trying to incorporate a bit of P&P and a bit of ~Flylady, but it just seems confusing. Would I do zone cleaning or just list everything out on the cards. And if I choose zone cleaning, how does that translate to the card file?

Sorry if this sounds confusing, but I AM CONFUSED!! :oops:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Help needed

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:13 pm

I actually do a bwp basic weekly plan (aka home blessing) list keep handy in the back of my daily journal a mead comp. Note book I change each mo.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 pm

When I use card system, my monthly tasks are spread through the month. They are filed in front of 1-31 tab cards along with the daily, weekly cards. Because the monthly cards are a different color, they are easy to spot.

When I use a planner system the monthly cards are listed together on the Monthly tab. I mark them done on the list as they are completed.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:26 pm

luvs2read, I use P and P's later card method in which the cardfile is set up simply by weekdays, with tasks grouped onto cards by room or by the day's focus (Errands/Desk Day). (They do suggest a "monthly" card for Check Next Month, but that is to be pulled and refiled every Desk Day, to get you to think about the upcoming month more than just once.)

Their suggestion for grouped tasks for cleaning is that each room's tasks are on the same card, but that's not a hard and fast rule at all - you create your own cards for your home's needs. This automatically creates your own rotation. For instance, I can file Errand Day on the same day I weekly-clean "Hall and Stairs", but would probably not file it with Kitchen cleaning, since in my home, kitchen is more time-consuming.

I do go a little further into deep cleaning specific rooms for each week, and go by our Focus Cleaning schedule here to do that (Cleaning Forum has the schedule). For instance, washing a large bedspread might be something I'd do in a Bedroom Focus week - chores that go beyond the usual cleaning of the room.

My other cards in my file are things like Trash Day and Return Library Books - things that make my household run well. Also I have daily cards of "15 minutes of Declutter" and "15 minutes of Focus Cleaning". I personally like to have a Laundry Card that I make notes on, and I keep it traveling through the box for about a month, then make another. My healthy habits card isn't in the box - I keep it magnet-ed on the fridge and check things off.

Return to “Cardfile Central”