June Cards 2018

It's classic and it works for you: the original home organization card file.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

June Cards 2018

Postby Nancy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:55 pm

June cards new month new focus what is your June focus?
Can you believe this year is half over?
Father's day this mo.
I need to refocus my attn. Back to zones inside this mo. Got the yard tolerable and grass has sprouted.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Re: June 2018

Postby Harriet » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 pm

While at Goodwill with dd38 for boys' jeans, I came across a 1980s Avon Country Christmas recipe box for 3x5s, with matching pack of recipe-category dividers (words like appetizers, breads, etc. on one side and blank on the other). The box seems unused, but the wide tape that closed it was also never properly removed, so now after the passage of time (and heat?), I can't remove it without pulling away at the design on the box. Thankfully the tape's clear so from a distance it's not noticeable. This will be a good replacement for one of my older cardfiles that has seen better days - maybe the addresses one. It's cardboard but very nice, in two layers and with slick surfaces like contact-paper, and a good metal hinge.

There was also an alphabetical set of dividers inside, unopened, so I'm pleased. Can always use those, even if I use the blank side.

Any time I see anything that has to do with cardfiles or cards, I make a point to check it out. You never know.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Great find Harriet!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:00 am

I am in declutter mode got a load out of here yesterday, and working on another today. I have the basement sewing zone tolerable now. clutter is nobody's friend but dealing with it is a fact of life and needs to be delt with. Not a fun task but necessary. I have managed to pi$$ off family members no they do not want granny's treasures.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 am

Nancy, OR they do not know yet that they will want them. So, they will turn them down and someday think, hmmm... .. could'a had that! For my own ds, I'm pretty sure that he doesn't know yet WHAT he wants. He loves having clear spaces in this new house that's big enough, but I don't think it's crossed his mind that his mother won't always be there in a house that holds things he remembers. If he doesn't take some memories into his own home now that he has the space, someday he'll look around and the opportunity will be gone.

Mentioned my address 3x5 cardfile before. That was P and P's idea for addresses, and nothing has ever worked better for me.
When someone happens to be here for whom I don't have info, I can instantly hand them a new card and ask them for it. Usually I do write their last name in the upper left to get them started, since they probably don't know I'll want it like that for the file. I've been able to do that a couple times in the last little while, and it really helps to keep in touch or keep aware. It lets me throw other papers away fast because I can get a businesses' info down on just one card, that sort of thing.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 pm

Skippable ~
What is irritating is they say they want it then I catch flack for it when they change their minds. I just say pass it on if you do not want it . He does not want to deal with it. Dgd could drop stuff by when she is at school she is 3 block from the thrift shop. I got news for him that this is a part of life. 5 loads left this week he did not have to deal with. Three boxes now or truck loads later is what we learned. Decluttering a farm is works and the folks had been working ay decluttering it all along. It would not kill them to help gma out in my opinion. Both parents are anti clutter.

With this house we have more room to tuck things even w out a garage.

So they are getting three things each the rest is going out the door.

Dd just said she wants pic, and school work. I have a few pics. School work gone yrs. Ago.

lucylee

Re: June Cards 2018

Postby lucylee » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 pm

What Harriet said.
We let sooo much really REALLY good furniture go, for basically NOTHING when we cleaned out dmil’s house. Ds and ddil didn’t think they wanted it so... it had to go. We certainly had no place for it. Now, I think they see that perhaps they should have kept a little more of it. Then dgs wouldn’t be sleeping on a white four-poster bed.
(This is a pet peeve of mine; even though they took the top of the footboard posts off, it still looks like a girl’s bed to me, plus the top of the posts don’t fit where they need to go now, so there are just holes there, like they didn’t finish putting it together. OTOH, there is a nice mahogany tone daybed in dgd’s room, and it seems to me it would be a thousand percent better to swap them, but for some reason they do not want to hear my suggestion of this.
Not my circus... not my tent, right?)
Last edited by lucylee on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm

I have decided to try to stage the pink toddler bed in the creativity room to make it look more like a bedroom. even though I prefer it open with out that in there sigh... I have a folding bed to do that in hubby's office as well but we have to trade the large table he is using for a desk out for a smaller desk. We are not at that point yet. Sigh I could do it but h is not keen on me moving stuff around.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:49 am

One more room done yea! The master bedroom.

Got the freezer defrosted this week.

H office us the main focus this week 5 hrs yesterday and still not done ack! Changed out the desk to a smaller one. Papers are purged need to shread those still. This room is only 50% - 75% done.

I need to move the empty bins and tote to be fill to tool room we will need these later.

Large desk table actally needs moved out of the living room but I was not up to it last night. It is disassembled that helps.

I worked on reclaiming the dining room again this morning, it helped but needs more attn.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:34 am

Gratitude ~ I am grateful for a good weekend of progress here. A good Father's day gathering with postive comments on my out fit and hair, and my new crock pot with the locking lid. Got ideas for if we have a one week home sale. :mrgreen: we have options.

Return to “Cardfile Central”