Planning on Paper, Any Style! 2018

Organizes and holds information for the family to use. Set up, maintain, and fine-tune your system here.
Lynlee

Re: Planning on Paper, Any Style! 2018

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:46 am

3rd attempt to post. From ph. Grrr humbug LL

I wanted to quote and edit something in my list
4steps to form a new habit.
1. Remember the new habit you want,even if you do not do it.

Lucy the 31babsteps were 31 different habits introduced one at a time.
Sry, I'm just on my ph, so I haven't chased up the flylady page.
The fl msg board folk said take your time about introducing the next one,
or maybe you already have that as a habit. My thought.

I also like to remember that fl herself introduced some of those monthly habits starting small. Like declutter for 15 minutes began as picking up 2things in her bedroom, and dealing with those two things.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 am

I am repurposing a half sheet arc disc bound planner for a wellness log for med. Carbs etc. Bojo style log. LI for Log Info is helping as a reminder. Writing info. Down in list form for now till I sift through what I will like and use.

I had a diabetic log pages in mt franklin planner eons ago but lines were SO close together. It worked had headings for meds. Food etc. Trying to remember what all was on it.

Got sucked into the bujo u tube vortex of health n fitness today. :roll: sone helped but most not so much.

Last week I got the full sheet size planner set up of arch disc bound system not sure what I will use it for yet maybe this if I run out of room. I need the punch for it that is next to get.

Woke up remembering how I used to do it on a top spirial notebook yea for simplified plans!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:04 pm

I have a coloring journal I can use for my logs.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm

Good for you for making a start, or restart, Nancy.
I hope it can easily morph into what works for you.

I'm trying again this year with BuJo. Smaller, hard cover, 5mm grid, spiral, nice message on the outside. usable square grid is 14x19cm, or 28 x 38 squares.
My dream list of potential habits surprised me. Some even get regularly checked off.
Most for a few days at least.
I'm seeing what is working.
This month my focus has been morning teeth brushing, and dishes to shiny sink.
It doesn't have to be perfect to see this is happening as a regular feature. Both those are 'new again' as habit formation goes.
3 meals a day is happening too, so they will be condensed to one line on the daily page next month. I've started working on Feb daily list.
I'm leaving Feb habit list to see what I want to zero in on.
The make a chain page? not so sure on that. 9 is the longest 'thread' for every day doing the items I put there. That page might just be taken over by the monthly habit pages when I get there, and I can colour the line of check marks as a sort of 'reward', if I wish to, in the future.

I've started 2 pages for tasks and spaces, indoor and outdoor, to do regularly, though not daily. 2x2 squares for each month. If I could tick each 4-5 times each month, that would be ideal. I've realised the 5th tick could go in the middle.

26 of those items so that means - 5 a day for 'perfect'. Gosh - one or 2 would be a start.
Some tasks could tick 2 boxes. Like dusting in the LR.
Token efforts count, in my ideal world.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:29 pm

So interesting to hear about BuJos from you all.

Yes, I've seen Harmony's household notebook - very cool and kept so well. Totally "get it" about where do you open out a 3-ring notebook, though. It takes some serious counter space to do that.

About that - I have had for 5 years an Avery "FlipBack" 3-ring notebook that I've just had freed up because I was using it for Angel Tree. It actually shows in the photo on the papers with the product the use of flipping back one side of the notebook and using one side at a time. Or here is a photo of it - still available these days. thinking about how this may be useful to me.

the guilt sets in (smile). I was given the Guideposts 2018 daily journal by the study group. I just love it - beautiful, meaningful - but haven't used it because I had already bought the more practical one. I can scribble in the practical one, but can't start writing in the pretty Guideposts one! Is it perfectionism??? Sigh. dd says use it for personal thoughts - except I don't.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:40 pm

I am doing great with my wellness log. Started journal writing in the full size page disc. Bound planner. I may change the hald size one over to a 5"x7" note book easier to turn pages and keep the months I am done with will keep em for reference dr. visits etc. My bujo is fun bc I am doing some sketching in it to illistrate activities. My daily journal will be a travelers note book after this week for the rest of the mo. Bc the other one is full. Daily planner mostly just lists is helping me to be productive.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu May 10, 2018 1:55 am

I am going to use the bigger pages up but will transition to a smaller size after, bigger one is too bulky and heavy to be convient. That mini happy planner size with discs for daily to do lists, buju in the other took a bit of hunting to find the size that fits but I succeeded! They were 40% off. :mrgreen:

Got a card file size sketch book it can fit in my purse!

I am still writing out my to do it helps when I do that. Found travelers note book and sketck book to fit, got a rose gold cover also.

Return to “Household Notebook/Planner, and PocketMod”