The Paper Tamer's Challenge 2020 - 21

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

The Paper Tamer's Challenge 2020 - 21

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Welcome! Here we chat about our struggles with PAPER and the difficulties it presents in so many ways. We especially hope to work toward calm and collected Tax Times.

Please post with us as we all try to tame the Paper Tigers we face. If it's paper, we appreciate hearing ideas to corral it. Your advice and encouragement may help others more than you know, and it's good for us to realize many are in the same desk chair!

Harmony

Re: The Paper Tamer's Challenge 2020

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:58 am

I just watched a program about how they make paper, showing the pulp and the huge rolls of paper etc. Among some of the information given was that computers were supposed to do away with all the paper people use, but the exact opposite happened - we are all using more paper than ever!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:07 am

I think the special challenges of this year kept many of us from addressing paper for a while. Cathy mentioned in PWYC that this is what needs her attention, and I certainly raise my hand to that. "Me, too!"

I hope to do better in this second half of 2020 and avoid that depressing feeling when I approach my desk area and see disarray!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:46 pm

I'm purging as many papers as I can. Whittled my ddad's final financial (2013) down to just the estate paperwork, records of moving accts to me, and tax filing. The handle of my very sturdy metal box broke, but it's too good to toss, so I'll just carry it awkwardly for the rest of my life, I think. Hmmm... ..

Seven repurposed swiffer-wet blue containers are keeping the last 7 years of our statements, invoices, etc., each with the date on the end (paper with scotch tape over it so I can change it easily). Not perfect, but it looks neat on a shelf. Will we need this? no, lol, but it probably makes us feel better.

Came across more of dd22's lifelong stream of sketching. Two sketchbooks, so I took all the loose pieces and sort of filed them into the books. I only tossed what really looked like abandoned or false starts. They're waiting for her return from her sister's.

blessedw2

Re: The Paper Tamer's Challenge 2020 - 21

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:58 pm

I missed my paper taming day - I hope to do it on Jan 1

hi d harriet and d harmony
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”