<> Fresh Start February <>

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: <> Fresh Start February <>

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:48 pm

Lynl. some times we just need a break or a rest!
Btdt!

Dove

Postby Dove » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:45 am

Hi everyone. Well, I broke my streak today. Thought about doing my 15 minutes of computer decluttering several times today but each time in my head I just said, "Nah! I'll do it later" . I think part of me was rebeling because I was having a snow day & just wanted to play.

((Yogagirl)) bummer that other family members are not cooperating. Hope you had a good weekend.

Nancy, nice of you to help dd with superbowl party prep. Great idea to use shelf dgd gets into for her stuff!

Lynlee, you didn't bomb out, you just took two days off :) ;) . Like Pam & Peggy used to say, it's the trend that counts. Oh, & please don't feel as though you are letting anyone down -- you're not! This is a group effort & we should all expect to have days that we don't accomplish what we wanted to do.

I've noticed that because I have picked this specific task to focus on it is on my mind more, not just another "I need to get to that" on my To Do list. Anyone else experiencing this?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, I have bombed out/taken off 6 days in a row.
Is it too late to start fresh TODAY?
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:53 pm

Lucy - If I can have a fresh start cos I took a break - you can have a fresh start. (the others here promised that for me.)

Dove & Nancy thank you. Your words really helped me. I did wash up at 2am or thereabouts. I didn't dry up - but did dry off the sink/draining boards by moving the draining rack across to the other side.

My mind has returned to a years ago state and its not a good place to be. It has increases the struggle factor umpteen degrees. I'll try and convince this part of me that daily dishes/sink really is beneficial. For now thats all I need do. Sry can't explain any more as prev trying to explain my illness/condition has just bitten me on the bum when they used it against me. i'll try writing to pdoc tdy - think aftermarth of fridays visit is part of my problem. I wonder if where I'm at now can be helped towards wellness? That would be ideal senerio. And let go of my paronia. Not sure if daggers are coming my way or not. but I imagine they are.

I've left bedtime off the agenda atm. Still - in bed 3.15am, woke up with showery day and no family or cat at 9.15 so there was better sleep than my 1-3 hr nights.

GL Lucy finding what suits you to do. I've found PU 5 things helps - though :roll: not doing it atm.
I have the longest list of todos - that are mostly undone - day in and day out - so who am I to tell anything to anyone.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Here I am! Sorry I haven't been here regularly. Have been hit or miss with my computer declutter, but today is a new day! Will commit to do my 15 minutes today.

Lucylee, YES, you can start fresh today :D . In fact, I'm going to make a restart button we can press to have a fresh start anytime we want. _________
|RESTART |
| BUTTON |
| PRESS |
| HERE |
_________

((Lynlee)), hope you are feeling better today. No need to explain a thing.

Remember Pam & Peggy's wise words: "It's the trend that counts".

Motivated1

Postby Motivated1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:28 pm

Dove wrote:
Lucylee, YES, you can start fresh today :D . In fact, I'm going to make a restart button we can press to have a fresh start anytime we want. _________
|RESTART |
| BUTTON |
| PRESS |
| HERE |
_________

Remember Pam & Peggy's wise words: "It's the trend that counts".

FURIOUSLY HITTING THE BUTTON!!

I am starting again right now. Had my brain swirling with some fear, anxiety and overwhelm the last few hours so I have spun in circles. (Hey, if I were a washing machine I would have clean clothes to show for that effort...right?) :lol: :lol:

Thank you for the button. A great visual that the day is not a wash. I need to pick up my 'toolbox' and get right back to work. :D

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm

Dove - I love it. Went looking in a sidetrack file of mine for buttons.
▣ ⇒ ⊙  ➛ ➲ ⥤ ➡ 

to use - copy one, bold, size is huge, colour - your choice.

Dove I haven't even been tried to hit the dishes button. I have been working on eating good for me food, finally my mind wollow has desisted enough. Getting in touch with actual people and being honest about whats going on in my brain box. Yesterday I did exercise - gym (my babystep workout)(ate a healthy meal - kabab in a box first), neighbour came and mowed - I raked - catcher overflow., then walked ddog.
I really need to push some buttons in the kitchen.
but first I need a space ship button I offered to visit a friend who is moving house. today. It will do me and her good.
DM just rang back - prev call interrupted.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

:lol: :lol: Heehee, Motivated1, at
FURIOUSLY HITTING THE BUTTON!!
and
Hey, if I were a washing machine I would have clean clothes to show for that effort...right?)

Sorry you felt overwhelmed earlier -- glad you like the restart button :D .

I like your buttons, Lynlee! 8-) So much prettier than mine & with no gaps. I'm going to see if I can put one on the next line ...

Didn't work, but that's OK. I'll just tap all the little red ones you made for us :).
Way to go on healthy eating & exercise!

I love it when we can make our To Do tasks fun. I popped in here a little while ago, realized I hadn't done my 15 of computer declutter yet after posting that I would. (Got sidetracked playing in the snow :) ).So I tapped the buttons on the screen, left the village & did it. :D

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:57 am

Dove - glad that works for you. I did have loads of problems with the bottom square button, and a round circle button refused to cooperate.

My dishes still wait. Hope to get to them today.

but I bumped self care up the priorities.
Slept close to 7hrs last night. Drinking water. I've eaten, and taken my meds.
OK not the supplements. they need boxing.
did wash, It needs to come in,and PA. (and ystdys) (Its all caught up... cept dog stuff.)(and sheet change needed)
rang my friend and may need to be content with that.
She was going to have a nanna nap. I thing 20 min would be good. and read rdgs and prayers as well.

btw
I used to post on flyladies msg board (I can't log in now) (my old mac not compatable)
When I was really struggling once someone sent me a link to a FL essay of what helped before she did the shiny sink thing. It was about finally loving yourself. Saying it in the mirror.

going for a rest. ugg if neighbour comes to mow some more. I feel compelled to help.

Water anf rest. Looking for a button. notice thhat last button says get off your butt? It does to me.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Well, I didn't even get back in here to find the buttons... * sheesh *
School has just had me TOTALLY overwhelmed lately. Really wondering if I should retire, but just cannot make that kind of life-changing decision until I know what sort of life-changing decision ds has in store for me. I cannot deal with loss of job and addition of ddil in one summer.

So. I shall RE-START NOW.

Button pressed.

(((BIG HUGS))) for Lyn... hang in there. We're all here for you. Sending lots of love and prayers your way.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”