<> Fresh Start February <>

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Lynlee

<> Fresh Start February <>

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:25 am

"You may have a fresh start any moment you chose, for this thing that we called 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." - Mary Pickford.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Re: <> Fresh Start February <>

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:38 am

I found that quote in a magazine and it suits perfectly.
A few of us mentioned our difficulty in sticking to our good intentions.
So here its more about getting down to business.

Theres some other threads that may work for you too. So feel free to shop around.

Please cheer when someone does something ... It might not be much for some, but baby steps take practice and enjoys fanfare.

What have you done?
What are you going to do next?
Are you working from a list or cards?
Do you have a special list for February?

Question to me - Will I actually do something?
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 am

If following the flylady program - she'd say start with a shiny kitchen sink.

I'm wondering if I start with that. I donewanna. But my method hasn't worked ..... obviously.

If I remember P&P say start at the front door and work clockwise decluttering .....
but I really think thats beyond me atm.

I have 15 special things I want done in Feb. I need some success and runs on the board to get started.
Not saying I'll do it all month but today I want the backlog of dishes/ mostly cooking stuff caught up.
Today I will put on some music for mojo and look at this page http://bestsmileys.com/magic/ for sparkle magic power action cos I can't post gifs.
and head to the K. and make some action there.

... music is on. time check 6.24pm
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:48 am

there - dishes etc are all in the drainer. sink had a quick scrub - it just needs drying later.

Go Me....

Now I'm heading over to nifty listy. I'll fill in the spaces later.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:58 am

Lynlee: I really found the sink thing worked for me. And when life starts to get me down, I start at the sink. I had a rough year when all three of my remaining parents died and I found that there were times when I would sink into despair. Cleaning my sink was sometimes the only thing I would manage to do but that would make me feel better.

Even when I'm on the road, I find that cleaning the sink in our apartments helps 'centre' me when I find myself out of synch.

Before I started Flylady I did the start at the front door routine (only in my case, I started at the door I entered.) And it was nice to walk into the house and find that one area in order but it is harder to keep up since I have a tendency to dump my things as soon as I enter the house.

Now that the kids are gone, I find that surfaces are my main problem, specifically the kitchen table and my desks. Keeping up with laundry, dishes, and other tidying is automatic, but papers on surfaces is my downfall.

Anyway, starting small is always a good thing. Hopefully, the sink will work as well for you as it did for me.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:40 am

Kathryn - thanks for that - sharing your experience. I admit I sometimes scrub my mothers sink. :D

I did the flylady thing enthusiasticly for over a year and more, years ago. Tried starting again a few times. I think I need to do it the old way. Kitchen sink (and dishes I yell at me) as focus for a month. The doing everything in a month method doesn't suit me. But if others want to do that - thats fine.

Company along the way will help.

I'm hoping some others will join me here as we hone in on whatever babystep each needs. And stop thinking I should do everything right , right now.

I would like to get my new tv out of its box though. My LR needs a total rearrange for that. But dishes/sink - I'm making it my February thing.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:09 pm

The clock - wise thing worked for me just remembering to focus on one area in one room
was a big breakthrough for me. by the end of a week I'd start seeing progress and that
motivated me to keep on going! Sinks for me were some thing I did weekly. This year I've been
focusing on the p.m. routine and that's helped quite a bit!

Motivated1

Postby Motivated1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Morning Lynn!

I woke up late due to not sleeping all night. I was worrying. Not productive!
So here I am and ready to begin-better late than never. I have my notebooks in hand!

Dove

Postby Dove » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Hello girls! Great quote, Lynlee -- how true. Determined not to let this cold keep me down. Had all good intentions of starting off this day with a brisk, healthy walk but am coughing more & still have no energy. After feeling bummed for a while at what I couldn't do, I decided to focus on what I could do. Have vacuumed 2 rooms, done a load of laundry,chipped away at some filing, & made some lists.

Realized that I procrastinate on some jobs that are very involved & time consuming, like cleaning out this computer. I have tons of favorites, word files, & misc emails that need to be gone through & cleared out. I put my timer here on the desk, & this month I will spend at least 15 minutes every day this month sorting through computer stuff. It wil be kind of like cleaning a closet, but without the heavy lifting :). If I finish before the end of the month, I'll move on to (gasp! :shock: ) the filing cabinet ...

Motivated1

Postby Motivated1 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello Lynn, Nancy and Dove!

I am working from very anal lists. Today hasn't counted so much because:
A) I slept in
B) I went to lunch
C) I just did a month's worth of grocery shopping. I am beat! I think I'm going to rest for a bit then work on my lists (for the rest of the month), over the next couple of hours.

WTG for recommitting! Let's do this!

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”