Paper Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy & Challenges 2010!

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Paper Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy & Challenges 2010!

Postby Harriet » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 am

Just think of all the paper chores we need Calgon to take us away from... ... :shock:

Mailbox dailies
Thank you notes
Bill paying
Financial plan
A clear desk?
Refrigerator art
Magazines
Office supplies
Greeting cards to send
Greeting cards received
A filing system?
Medical records
Catalogs
Stash 'n Dash recovery!

(breathe)

That list could go on and on. And Calgon is so unreliable. Better take charge.

Let's get suspicious :| of all that paper and make some changes with a mid-year "tidy" together. Join us here in this thread as we tackle the paper, in its many forms, that can clog or clutter our efficient homes. We'll simplify our lives.

Tell us :idea: what routines do you recommend? What systems are working? What supplies are MUST haves? You have no idea how swamped sister paper tamers may be... ...

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Paper Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy & Challenges 2010!

Postby Nancy » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:58 am

Hubby is manning the shredder
this morning to get it out before garbage pick up.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:04 am

I have a (self-imposed) deadline of June 18, 2010 to get all my church paper stuff organized and ready to take to storage room at the church. In order to do this I KNOW I need at least 1/2 hour every day between now and then to complete it.
So am making a 'chart' here of what I need to do and checked when it's completed. :shock:

June 9 -
June 10 -
June 11 -
June 12 -
June 13 -
June 14 -
June 15 -
June 16 -
June 17 -
June 18 -

Maybe I can keep myself accountable here! :cry: Thanks, Harriet.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:56 am

Go, Nancy's dh! Eliminate and make room for important things!

Oh, it is a great motivator to me to see that chart, Dee, because I really need some company to inspire me to push toward filing order (bleck, yuck - never liked filing).

I am SO overwhelmed specifically by paperwork regarding my dparents' medical, my dmother's death, my continuing part of my dear aunt's estate work, insurance, etc. It is not about this household but must be handled here, needs to be right. And it makes my desk depressing. Right now I can't find some receipts because they are under something!

I have gathered some (cheap) supplies :idea: bright blue and yellow cardboard file box and an 8-pack of bright designed file folders (found at Tar-jay in their "dollar" area). I'm hoping the cheerful look of it all will make it a happier project! I could keep this project's results in these, or, when I reach a goal, transfer to boring files and use these bright ones to work on the next thing! :idea:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:08 pm

After I sorted paper work this spring I found an important paper
after only looking in two places! Yea me!
So happy about this progress.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm

I worked for an hour yesterday on filing Things are neater physically and in my mind, as well, though I have a long way to go. HR gave me some "file jackets" which are file folders that are closed in on the sides. They are helpful when you just can't whittle all the papers down and need to corral them all in one file. These will expand 2 inches if needed. I don't think they had these back when I was a church secretary! LOL, but they would have helped.

Received a note from the church that some memorials have come in, so I need to write those thank-you notes.

Today's mail was full of paperwork regarding my dmother's death so I didn't even set the stack down without getting things to the right place, making all the notes I needed to, and immediately getting some envelopes ready for Monday morning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Worked for several hours on paper today. Stacks had been made in dining room (where mail naturally falls :roll: ) while I've not been feeling up to par. And had combined with photos from dd, catalogs and even dd11's papers. This really teaches me (again) how important that Afternoon Daily Card chore of completely dealing with mail every day is so important. It's amazing how it can get away from you. You have to work on it every day until not one shred of mail is left without a decision of some kind.

Also worked on our new files of medical - really appreciating them. This is part of what's in the bright blue cardboard box right now, the bright designed file folders.

It's Living Room week for Focus upcoming, so I want to concentrate on magazines and catalogs next. They are having babies on my end table, breeding like rabbits.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:05 pm

I see a few things on that list that I can attend to!

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”