Paper-Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy and Challenges, 2013

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Paper-Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy and Challenges, 2013

Postby Harriet » Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 am

Oh, My!

Get out the Pith Helmet and hold the chair out quick, because the Paper Lion is roaring around the house and needs to be tamed!!

Just think of all the paper chores ... ... :shock:

Mailbox dailies
Thank you notes
Bill paying
Financial plan
A clear desk?
Refrigerator art
Magazines
Office supplies
Greeting cards to send
Greeting cards received
A filing system? ( :lol: )
Medical records
Catalogs
Stash 'n Dash recovery!

(breathe)

That list could go on and on. Better take charge.

Let's tame all that paper with our mid-year "tidy" together. Join us here in this thread as we hold off the paper, in its many forms, that is stalking our efficient homes. We'll simplify our lives.

Tell us :idea: what routines do you recommend? What systems are working? What supplies are MUST haves? You have no idea how swamped sister paper tamers may be... ...

Twins' Mom

Re: Paper-Tamers' Mid-Year Tidy and Challenges, 2013

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 01, 2013 9:48 am

Oy vey! Paper Lion sighting here as well!

Must.get.situation.under.control.soon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:41 pm

Mid-year tidy happened here recently. A couple weeks ago a customer from 12 years ago called and asked about something we'd built. She was having an insurance issue. So, with DH help, we tackled the big trunks of old records in the garage, getting the ledgers and other info for the year in question. While that was all opened up, while I was putting it all back in there, I also packed away the year I took out of the office a few months ago. It's been sitting all this time in marked bags on an end table in my living room. So, 2012 is officially done, every paper of it, which includes putting the older 2010 into permanent storage. Last Yucky Job DONE!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:04 pm

HRH had decided that all filing needed to be housed in one place. Don't know why we didn't do that before, since both filing cabinets belong to him and came here with him when we married. The upright cabinet was downstairs but he had the horizontal filing cabinet upstairs. So he and dstepson brought the horizontal one downstairs. Well, we don't know whether they gave it a bump, or if there was a shift in position (unlevel for a while) but the silly thing LOCKED ITSELF. :| Sigh. Never been locked before. And the question, "where's the key?" is not easily answered!!! It exists, and HRH thinks it's upstairs, but he can't find it at all. I believe I've found the right one online, but there are 80 pages of key possibilities with this manufacturer, and it will be nearly $14 to have one sent here to try. HRH doesn't want me to order until he's searched a while longer! Sigh. He's tried a few clever ways of unlocking, but what we're understanding now is that the horizontal cabinets have a much more difficult lock system.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:55 am

Harriet, did you guys ever find that key an get the cabinet unlocked? I fear DH would have tackled it with a drill or a chisel!

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”