Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
blessedw2

Re: Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:06 pm

my hard work over the months have paid off ... our recent credit report was even better than before. paying off my card and the card I let dd younger use has made such a difference (and trying to stay in my budget) ... Dh is happy.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 am

made some decisions that I hope will help dh and I into retirement (hopefully long time from now :D

would you believe we got our first paper for taxes for next year already. So dh started a file.

Instead of buying too many flowers (pansies) I only bought two nice plants and put them in the terra cotta window boxes on the front windows.
(normally I buy too many and they end up dying on me in the house). even that touch of color helps.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat May 02, 2015 7:31 am

very frustrated... The local hospital took 164.00 out of my debit account... I haven't been to this hospital for 2 years. (knock on wood). The hospital says there isn't a bill for me anywhere so why did they take this money out. I don't use my debit card for these type of things.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:33 am

I am in need of filing and basic desk straighten up.

I had to get a new debit card bc the bank felt someone used my number to pay that hospital bill.

This month has already been tight even before it started. I had $1099 visa bill that I hadn't counted on and I work hard on paying it off each month - so I paid it off but now my family budget is tight and the family reunion is coming up - thank goodness I bought things ahead for this.

I also made a promised donation which I have to honor but I hadn't planned ahead for this.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon May 04, 2015 9:43 pm

blessed, I hope you will get that $ refunded to you. Wouldn't you think it would be easily traced?

You are doing a wonderful job budgeting. It isn't easy.

I do a bunch of this work. For us personally and for our business. I figured out a couple months ago that we have almost $10,000 operating costs for a year in our business...so we have to cover that before we make any money at all. Some years in this downturn we didn't have enough profit to cover it all.

I had a personal budget on spreadsheets that I used to keep but somewhere along the line it quit working. We had refinanced the house and the payment was more with less years on the mtg. and hadn't accounted for that...plus everything is more expensive now. It's all a work in progress.

We need to check our credit reports also. We have changed a couple credit cards and cancelled 2 I think that we no longer use; DH wallet was stolen and everything had to be redone 5 months ago. I'm sure that has affected our score. This summer I'm going to start collecting SS and that will help. I will stop getting a paycheck (such as it was) and if we can I will just add that amount to DH's. He doesn't get enough, anyway.

This budget stuff and bookkeeping for us is a whole job all in itself, isn't it?!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:23 pm

It really is a whole job in itself d harmony!!! :shock: ;) it's really hard sometimes especially when the money coming in is less or breaks even with what's going out. I am so so sorry your dh had his wallet stolen!!! that reminds me I need to take copies of my, dh's and dd's licenses, as well as other important info and file it...Having a copy makes the process of getting a license, cards etc. easier.

This month already has been a disaster for my charge card. Today the dog was 476.00 and dd younger's dentist was almost $400.00, my 2011 ford escape went bonkers when dd younger was driving to work. I was going to give this car to dd younger as we thought we knew it was good enough and I was going to get a Subaru (I heard good things about it) . I would love (love) my mom's Lexus but I can't afford that. :D I promised my self not to put things on my charge card that I couldn't pay off right away but I didn't have a choice on this. So next month my money will be 1000.00 short so I can pay my visa. Ridiculous. And it's only May 6! I lost my debit card and had to get a new one. Next month I will be alson down on my pay day from now on - I put an automatic withdrawal for retirement fund in place starting June 1... what was I thinking. I know it is for the best but still. To be super super tight in summer is a bummer. ;)

dh ruined my surprise... yes a very nosey man... I started my savings account for Christmas and for taxes and he opened up my mail.. he never opens my mail but this is the bank he usually deals with and he wanted to know why my name was on his account... nosey Mr. Cravitz (remember mrs. Cravitz from Bewitched - that is my dh. I love the man but nosey nosey nosey.)

Harmony so lovely working with you.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu May 07, 2015 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 am

getting hit with another bill. Plumber wants 500 for the sink... geesh - and that doesn't include the new handle and spray nozzle. Dh said he can't fix it and I had offered to try but it is a detailed job and beyond my skills

another bill... I thought I had another month on the insulin meds for the cat.. not... 267.95

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:57 am

I went off budget and keeping track for last month - bad bad bad. It is so easy to spend money I don't have on credit cards when I am not keeping track - I was having to spend money I didn't have bc of events I couldn't change

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:45 pm

trying to stay on budget
keeping track of spending
bought stamps

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:07 pm

finished my monthly shopping today. This has really helped keep on top of house hold needs.

Having to hire a lawn company as the riding mower broke. Dh can not do it anymore as he will have a stroke in this heat.
He is too stubborn to let it go for one of the girls.

I paid for dd olders birthday with cash. :D
my credit card needs work. (put too much money on it for the family reunion) :(

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”