Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
blessedw2

Re: Paper-Tamers' Challenge - Tame by April, 2015

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Money has been weighing on my mind lately - My dw needs replacing. I don't want to put that on the charge card as I have 1291 on one card and 54 on another where I can only pay part of this bill next month because of taxes. From experience I know this can build if not taken care of.

All money spent listed on excel spending as well as taken off my budget on excel - I already have some unplanned money spent - medical & misc entertainment due pandora,.. thinking I may have to say no to this due.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:47 am

found out we have to have an extension on taxes - waiting for a form that will not come until late April. Dh does wonders with tax receipts and filing. :D
Monies spent yesterday listed. We went downtown last night... planned and so much fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:18 pm

hi... monies spent yesterday listed

My need to be a pleaser by doing or buying things is a hard habit to break.
1. dd older was telling me that her friend had made plans for the girls to meet up for the st. patricks day parade and stay over night. the girl cancelled to bring her boyfriend - my solution in my head is to get them a hotel downtown but I didn't. Hard but good
2. other pleaser moment I passed...impulsing in different areas... I wanted to get a membership for Ravinia because i wanted to be able to get tickets anytime I want... but I didn't as we have a lovely family member that gets them for us with their membership. I have offered to pay for part of their membership so they are not burdened by the expense only but they said no thank you. A Friend membership starts at 300.00 without ticket prices. I know it's also because I want what others have (yes I know I am not normally like this) but know I won't go to all the concerts. I would rather do other things. I like the lawn seats.
3. trying to break spending on others to make them happy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:24 am

I did my weekly new thing - I made a "what's left in the budget for March" for d family - I gave the original budget last week to each person in the family. I did the same budget page but put down what is left out of the budget and the unexpected monies spent.

Everyone knows what's left on the charge cards... 0 other under 1300 on another and house loan etc. They can see what everything costs.

It's been very helpful as the girls are saying... it's best not to do this.. this... while our budget is so tight. They are trying to find ways to help dh and I to save money by helping us on things we would have to pay others to do. Example: Dinner the other night - I was sick - and I didn't make dinner and was going to go to get something for home even though my budget for eating out left is only 66.00 (we had a lovely dinner out downtown which ate up a lot of our budget) - dd older said that it wasn't a smart idea and dd younger made a lovely dinner with the defrosted chicken. The dh's budget list makes dh uncomfortable but it's a must. I have my own budget

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:11 pm

dh has officially extended our tax date.
We, again, have unexpected expenses... We are keeping within budget for eating out, groceries, gas so far though.
excel up to date

tomorrow: We have to get new dishwasher and put it on the credit card. :?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:30 am

other expenses unexpected added to the list. I thought I could pay off my credit card next month.
all spending listed.
New report for family will be printed re: what's left on budget.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:49 pm

Well everyone got the spending budget and what is left... from this week and everyone is trying hard not to impulse shop as well as seeing what could be cut. So we are all working together.
dh is sending the remainder of things to accountant on Monday.
He did a great job!

He has agreed to sell the extra car we don't use ... dh loves the car but he loves every car :D
All of our appliances have been replaced last year and now the dw on Monday. they all broke. :shock: ;)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:32 pm

extension is in and accountant called and said he got all of the info he needed for now.

made up my weekly budget and gave everyone a copy today 3/23 (it was supposed to be 3/21)
dd younger paid me back for her trip.
and he cooking book.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:50 pm

taxes done!!! all papers came in yay! we owe money - boo.

over budget - another hard month with unexpected expenses

money for house taxes due in June are together and waiting for May bill.

This April I am starting a savings account for Christmas and birthdays

My files: still look great. I needed to find something the other day and it was in the file!

For next year: I need to keep track of yearly expenses ... good example - our warranty for service for the furnace is 280.00 every February and after christmas I have nothing. So that will also go into my savings account.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:46 am

things I have learned from this adventure. Dh does very well paying off bills monthly - if it is something in the present - he can take care of it. Planning ahead for other things is not something he thinks to much of until a couple months before it is due. I can do something on my end for that.

I see my own spending habits and it is no longer a surprise. I become undisciplined when I know I don't have any money left - like a spoiled brat and wants to spend more... but that is improving because it only hurts me. I dislike credit cards. I love my debit card because I have to stay within the confines of the money I have.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”