PaperTamers' Challenge - Tame by April '09

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
bittersweet

Re: PaperTamers' Challenge - Tame by April '09

Postby bittersweet » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 am

Having completed a major papertaming challenge at work (the organizing, reboxing, and labelling of SIX YEARS worth of registration forms - about 40,000 of them!! :shock: ), I guess I should stop procrastinating on dealing with the paper at home. Although I really only have one drawer for files, it's jammed full of stuff that's not relevant anymore, stuff that should be stored elsewhere, and there's a six inch pile of papers that needs to be gone through and either tossed or filed. Of course, I can't exactly get started on it just this minute, since the filing cabinet is in the bedroom and DH is still sleeping!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:18 pm

Sheesh! After battling viruses for 2 1/2 months, I finally made some more headway on the office. woohoo!! The office was starting to look like the extra junk room. The next 2 goals are to spiffy up the file cabinet & get tax papers around.

Working on getting more familiar with online banking:
--monthly payments being set up
--online bank account set up

Tax folder prep: inserting papers and forms as go through the office

DONE! School Area:

my desk
bookcase 1
bookcase 2
rearrange

Kitchen Office Corner:
organizer
surrounding flat surfaces

Computer Desk:
under pc desk
lower pc desk
pc hutch
table top
under table
2 drawers

Closet:
shelves
small dresser
floor
crate 1
crate 2

File Cabinet:
file papers
file drawer 1
file drawer 2
file drawer 3
file drawer 4

General Office:
1-3 bookcases
4-6 bookcase
table
under table
several stacks of books
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:29 pm

I am so happy for you guys. smile first that you all are feeling better at your house and you are doing great
b is sweet great job taking care of all the organizing at work. great job you two!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:53 pm

I worked so hard and got both my parents' taxes and our own done a day ahead of tax preparer's March 21 deadline (and the deadline was an accepted-all-day-until-8:00 pm one, anyway). But I was still told that they would be filing an extension for both sets of taxes. I was bummed. Seems everyone and his brother rushed to get to the tax preparer early-early hoping for refunds early due to economic stuff. He didn't foresee this when he set up his calendar and made a deadline date. I told dh we should go back and get ours and file another way, but he says it is just too convenient and sensible to have the same office do ours each time, ours are a little tricky, and he's just happy to have our own part of the deadline met. Sigh.

Frustrating to dot all your own "i"s and cross your own "t"s yet still have glitches come at you from circumstance.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”