Chore Bingo

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Chore Bingo

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:00 pm

There are only 5 chores left on my board and I still have no bingo.

#5 was water the plants. I actually did it on the way out to dinner. Ds and I went out to the hot food buffet at the grocery store.

I think I'll put on a load of laundry if the washer is available now that isn't a card. Ds is napping before work at 11.

Then I'll read for 15 before hollering out a number.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:37 pm

I ended up running the final numbers through my random number sequencer and ended up doing #1 because that was the sheets. Since I'd already started the task, I added in a load of laundry (not the sheets) and emptied the drying rack to make room for the load coming.

I have vacuuming, mopping, sermon writing and dusting the living room left.

The next number is

That's sermon writing. If I want to finish off the chores today, though, I'm going to have to do the vacuuming next since I can't vacuum later in the evening. So at this point, I'll just do things in a logical order. Vacuum, mop, dust, then sermon.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Okay, 1 for me is back to the kitchen and a cabinet to clean out.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:05 pm

I'm back.

I did 5 which was to wipe all the refrigerator shelves inside, well everything inside. Looks good now. Had to use my scraper on a couple places that were stuck.

I did 15 which was clean up kitchen, load dishwasher and wipe counters, did all that after dinner.

That leaves 8 & 9. I can't believe anybody is still working!

Ok the product review on the baseboard buddy. Here's the good: you'll get an easy to read instruction sheet, product is easy to snap together. The handle / pole is small diameter 4' long and very light. The head is plastic and screws onto the bottom of the last pole section. Everything comes in bubble wrap which is fun to just sit and pop! The pads are pretty thick like lambs wool and have a velcro strip which attaches to the swivel head. It comes with 3 pads and one can buy more (address included).

There is a piece of plastic along the head which makes the pad take a path along and around it, and that's what makes the extra shape of the head so it fits along the top edge of the baseboard. That really does work and they say to just use whatever cleaner you normally use to damp mop. I just dry dusted all my baseboards and I did pick up quite a bit of stuff and the pad was dirty when I was done. I mostly picked off a bunch of that and I could use the pad over again, but it is washable, and I think a quick rinse under the tap would do it.

So much for the good. HERE'S THE BAD: the head swivels around in any direction and also tilts at any angle. There is a thumb screw for tightening at whatever angle you want. They do caution to not open that screw all the way as the head will come apart. Hard to put back together? I don't know as I was careful not to do that. It seemed as I walked along I had to keep readjusting the angle as it didn't stay. Operator error? I doubt it. Here's the big one: every few feet I had to pick up the mop head and screw it back tight to the bottom pole. The screws and the hole are both plastic and the pressure against the board causes it to go loose again all the time.

I'm going to check and see if some teflon tape (the kind plumbers use) will keep that from happening. There is a lot of plastic on that head and that worries me as to longevity. That was really annoying.

I bought mine opposite the checkout line in WM on clearance special for $10.00. I think I now understand why. There you have it!
Last edited by Harmony on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:15 pm

Harmony, next up is

Which I've done (except for the patch between the laundry room and the office, I'm waiting for the washer to finish so I can hang up my things to dry.)

So I'm on a break for 7 minutes. Then I'll finish the mopping and move onto

BTW: I finally got a bingo at 15.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 pm

16 Kathryn? How many did you start out with?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm

Anyone playing again tomorrow or later in the week? I didn’t get through my 16, and I thought of a few more!

Kathryn, so good to have you with us! :D makes me very happy to see you.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm

She probably put 4 numbers by 4 numbers on a card. That's what I did. If I'd had a free space I'd have gotten a pass on one but I filled out to 16 because I couldn't decide where the free space should go, lol, since there wasn't a middle. Last night I was thinking I'd have 15 and finally just filled it.

Prepping and freezing produce was my 15 and that's done into freezer bags. It didn't need to be a rush. Anytime today was fine as long as what needed to be frozen got in tonight.

Going back to reading your review, Harmony! You get an extra gold star for providing us that.

9 for me is the dining room dusting downstairs. I had planned the ceiling fan. Got up there and it just doesn't need it. Instead I'll get the DR and into the corners.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:46 pm

I just finished up my hbh except for sheets on h bed tomorrows task he is in bed hoot owlnshift to beat the heat.
I dusted.
Got the quilt out of the dryer and it is folded.

P m routine awaits, noisey sfuff will have to wait.
Playing a bit more with those still around w stuff to do.
I have a small box to sort and pack in m bath.

I will be playing tomorrow. I have my list made out for Tues.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:57 pm

I'm finished except for the sermon. May or may not work on that.

My review of chore bingo:

1. 4 x 4 was more than enough. On the other hand, I have 13 ready to fill in for tomorrow since I had originally done a 5 x 5 so that's 9 extra, a couple from today will be repeated tomorrow plus I thought of a couple while working around.

2. While my weekly houseblessing (which was the majority of my chores) got done, it would have been more efficient and possibly more timely to do it in my regular order since one chore builds onto another.

3. Leaving my bed unmade all day drove me nuts. On a normal Monday, old sheets stripped off and into the washer. Fresh sheets on, tidy, dust, vacuum the bedrooms. Dust and vacuum living room. Flip laundry at some point in there. Dust and vacuum the office and kitchen. Empty the dryer, mop the kitchen and other floors, fold sheets and put away while the floors dry, put everything back down on the clean floors. That takes 2.5 hours from start to finish, including some rests in there.

Leaving the vacuum and duster out also bothered me. Leaving in the middle of all that meant coming home to a mess instead of at least the living room and bedroom wing finished. I wouldn't have got the kitchen and office nor the mopping done before leaving at 9:30 but the apartment would have looked neater when I got home.

4. I did get to some paperwork items because they came up first. And the vitamins. On the other hand, the vitamins were the first item which are normally something I do when I'm tired, not fresh and raring to go. Also, in order to get on to the next task, there are more piles of undone/part done paper work around.

So, while it was a success, I'm not sure it works best for me.

I do need to figure out how to make myself do the paperwork. I'm not good about doing a bit each day, as Harmony is; nor do I have a desk-day like Harriet does. (To be honest, I do have a desk day, I just make sure I'm out doing something with someone else that day!)

I'll give this some thought and think about joining in tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll start the Tuesday Bingo so the Australians can have at it while we are sleeping if they want to play.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”