Chore Bingo

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harmony

Re: Chore Bingo

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 pm

OK I did 10. Baseboards.

I'd bought one of those baseboard buddy things they advertise on tv. If anybody wants a product revue I'll do that. I'm glad I got mine on special clearance sale, anything more and I'd be po'd. My baseboards do look better though.

I think we have #1, #3, #5, #8 and #9 left. Wow.

Somebody else pick, I'd be tempted to cheat, I'm getting tired.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:14 pm

FREE space I CALL A Fun Chore for a breather for the gals that have been working so diligently here this morning.
I have done another round vacuumed living room.
Dump trash. X
Lunch.
Water break hydration habit x
H. Got home.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi, I've been working along with you all. I had to do some switch and substitute on a few of the items because of the weather and dh, but I figured that would be okay so long as one kept busy. So far, this is what I've done...

# 7...collect trash from small cans X3; deposit in outside can.
#14...empty dish drainer and wash b'fast & lunch dishes.
#12...sweep hard floors throughout house.
# 2...swish & swipe both bathrooms.
#13...sort through 4 boxes to get ready to pack.
# 4...fill pill containers for three days for dh.
# 6...get ready one load of laundry ---- storming earlier, just turned on washer.

Still to do...#11 -- vacuum family room and #10 -- brush dog (may substitute on that because it's raining outside). I could pay some bills instead.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:25 pm

I had to switch a couple of mine around because of the weather too. Very hot to do stuff outside in the middle of the afternoon. Sunny I'm glad you joined us!

Ok I'm calling a number since nobody else has done it (I don't think):

I'm off to straighten out the laundry room which includes folding the LOL living in the dryer.

Editing: laundry room is done. I was surprised how much there was to do in there, putty and paint to scrape off the laundry tub, everything wiped down, floor, LOL folded. That Zone is done!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I claimed my free space time (space-time?).

3 is the hall for me. Shouldn't be much, but things have been having babies.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:03 pm

I did:

13 - vacuum living/dining rooms
4 - make up signs for the next picnic
6 - phone the tax agency (I chose the wrong time to call, they couldn't transfer me due to everyone trying to call in before 5 p.m. so that is shifted to another day.)
11 - run payroll for the company
10 - dust the bedroom.

While on hold with the tax department and with the extra 6 minutes from the dusting, I've been working on making the bed.

I'll take a moment to catch my breath.

Ds is here. He scared the *&(^&* out of me. I was on the balcony reading and he came in to the apartment. The door was locked but he called out, no-one answered and so he started his laundry. He noted my purse on the kitchen counter but thought I must have gone for a walk. He settled into the living room to read on the couch, looked up and saw me reading on the balcony. So he slid open the screen door to come say hi.

I only heard the door and immediately got into a state of confusion since dh is away and no-one else lives in the apartment! Then he came through.

With the sound of the traffic and heat bugs I hadn't heard him at all before that even with the balcony door open.

We visited for about 40 minutes before I pointed out I needed to get to work. Then I did all of the above.

Now, I'll go find out what 3 is. I'm really hoping it is strip and remake bed. Although my washer and dryer are busy right now so I won't be able to actually do the laundry.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm

#10...is finished; I opted to substitute balancing the checkbook and paying bills instead of grooming dMinnie. We have more rain coming. For #11 I am continuing with Desk Day by writing out the budget for August. #3 will be to move laundry to the dryer.

;) Nice to see all the posting here!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Number 3 is done. It was update the residents' association mailing list. We had the bbq last week and received 14 membership renewals so I needed to update the info.

Time to break for dinner.

Despite having done all these, I still don't have a 'bingo', no line or column is completed!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Harmony, yes I would like a review. (something you can sit down to do)

I hate to guess at what I think is easiest on your list! Please substitute if you are too tired!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Okay, did my "5" which was to be working on crafts organization but kept getting sidetracked. Not keeping my mind on it. (and it's my craft supplies, for goodness sake - not like it's boring to me)

So I am fading a bit in concentration and need another meal, I believe. Just HRH and I here so it doesn't need to be a big deal - he has a partial plan already.

Am I supposed to holler, "Bingo"? I did get four in a row.

Someone who is feeling chipper, call a number and I'll catch up with you!

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”