Tuesday's Chore Bingo

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Tuesday's Chore Bingo

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Good Morning, Australia! UK! America!

Challenges and TaDas in our Tuesday Chore Bingo go here.

Come up with 15 or 16 chores on a square board 4x4 OR a list to check off, and jump in where you can.

We'll have 16 potential numbers that might be called, from one to sixteen BUT you can have a "free space" somewhere in your particular list or card, so that you're doing 15 chores and enjoying one freebie time in your "game".

I'll call the first random number now!
The rest are at the WHIM of villagers :shock: .
Anybody can call them from then on, even if they're not playing ;) .
If you are playing and finished the last numeral's chore, you can call the next.

Ready? Steady? Go!!!!

The numbers called so far are:

Runkitty was busy through the North American night, will the rest of us pick up the baton and carry this chore bingo across the finish line?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday's Chore Bingo

Postby Nancy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Thanks for that Tues.start off.
Watering session done.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:49 am

I'm jumping in here if I may. Yesterday I managed to clean all my windows on the outside, and as much of the cladding as I could reach at the top of the house. (I have tilt and turn windows, so I just open them fully, and lean out with my long handled mop and extending window cleaner thingie.) I ended up doing the front cladding trice. It still isn't perfect, but it's a lot better than it was, so it's "good enough"". And I did the six monthly oiling of the window hinges, then greased the metal contact points, I flushed through the drainage holes with water and wiped the window sills down afterwards.
It all look a lot longer than I had expected, or allocated, (I had divided it up into four ""numbers" , but they all overlapped and then It realised it was more efficient to do everything for each window and then move on to the next one) but I'm counting it all as a success.
Today I have reminded DH that is his eldest brother's birthday tomorrow, and given him a card to write and a stamp for the envelope.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:39 am

I have loaded up the breadmaker and started it. (DH has suddenly started having problems with it and the bread isn't rising properly, so I've read the troubleshooting part of the manual, and I'm using brand new flour and yeast, so this will hopefully help me determine whether the problem is caused by operator error, or a problem with the machine itself.)

For me, this is to go for my walk.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:54 am

Back again. I am trying to cultivate the habit of going for a 15 minute walk each day.

For me this is clean the hall and front door.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:42 am

I need to put away everything that's sitting on the stairs waiting to go upstairs, and then dust the pictures and skirting board, polish the bannister rail and Hoover the stair carpet.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am

I'm up and have reloaded my game card but won't be playing until late this afternoon or evening. This round will likely be over 2 days for me.

I need to be out of here by 9. Dh will return home while I'm out (he was away for a couple of days) and so I'd like the apartment to look neat when he walks in the door. Chore Bingo tends to leave more piles behind than normal (usually, I completely finish a task and then tidy up from that before moving on.) So I need to get the piles at least off the chairs and couch.

There's a load of laundry in the washer and I did up yesterday's dishes and left the water in the sink for this morning's dishes.

If there's time after I s2s and tidy, I'll do the weekly kitchen chores (30 minutes but I've started them) or start dinner in the crock pot so that's one thing less I have to think of when I get back home after being out all day (and driving for over 2.5 hours.) Must remember to load up podcasts on my phone too.

Have fun today.

Harriet or any mod can add numbers to the top post as they are called. Just call them in your own post, as RunKitty did and a moderator will catch up later.

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:51 am

The bread turned out perfectly! :D

Clean my sitting room. This is going to be a big one, so not sure when I'll be back.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:17 am

I have 12 needing done today. Yesterday I didn't count all the daily things I did which I did throughout the day, that's why I was so busy and tired at the end of the day. Morning stuff didn't get done till after dinner.

So today I included my daily stuff as part of the numbers. That makes more sense.

I am wondering if just working for half an hour or so at a time and coming back to report, maybe keeping track of how many rounds we do is more efficient, allowing us to do things in the order that makes more sense to the house. Still, it's fun to have company however we do it!

I've done 7 (my desk day) and 13 (my cleaning up my kitchen / dishes / vitamins / coffee routine).

I go to meet DH at dr. later so I'll be in and out.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:00 am

Good morning kitty katt Nancy Harmony and Kathryn.

My first turns out to be the dining room again and its sneaky lurking stash and dash.

kittykatt, you are getting so much done. I do half my stairs at a time because I have a landing for a natural stopping place and if the vacuum is involved it's simpler. Also because HRH claims/cleans the upstairs. So we jokingly ask each other where the dividing line is. If I wait long enough, he'll do the top half! ;)

Yes, this does beg the question, Harmony, how big a chore is a numeral's-worth in Bingo? Some of mine yesterday certainly took an hour. Some were easy-peasy.

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”