Wednesday Chore Bingo

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Re: Wednesday Chore Bingo

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

So 15 is up for me. That's to take care of an order of clothes HRH got - he needs them washed because he can't take dyes against his skin.

With them going I washed up all the dishes accumulating and will fold towels, the laundry load of the day. Do I still have 16 yet to do? Yes.

Does someone else need a caller?

12!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Realized that sounded like a square dance, lol.

Those are done.

16 is move porch chairs to better spots. I can do all but the glider alone. May have to wait on help for that one. I'll water porch plants while I'm out there.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm not 100% sure where Kathryn lives, but there is a tornado warning for downtown Ottawa.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:48 pm

There was, yes.

Didn't see a tornado though.

We were skyping with dgs because he wanted to see us and he was watching us cook our supper (he loves watching people cook but his daddy wouldn't let him be in the way this evening.)

The alarm came over my phone (dh got the warning as a text click, not the siren because his phone allows the siren to be turned off.) We didn't know what the noise was so had to suspend our video call while we tried to figure out what was going on. Dgs' phone got it (but no noise), but dd's doesn't get the warnings. There are huge issues with the system in Canada.

Dd told us to take shelter but it isn't as if I can go to a basement and the storm really wasn't anything at all, we've had much, much, worse in the past. In future, if necessary, we'll go to the laundry room or a bathroom (all in the centre of the apartment.) Dd mainly wanted me to stop looking out a window. But, by the time we got the warning, the storm was already past us. It looked impressive over downtown so after the video call I spent some time looking at the threatening clouds.

At one point Parliament Hill disappeared due to the heavy rain over downtown. Then it came back again so we knew the storm was moving on.

Pro tip about skyping while cooking. Don't peel potatoes next to the laptop. I had some cleaning up to do after!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:17 pm

I have 4 more chores to do plus the tax phone call which won't be done today, obviously (they closed 3 hours ago.)

I'll work on quicken data entry since I can't reconcile the credit card bill until all the chits are entered. Whether I finish it all tonight or not is up in the air. I also haven't done the kitchen chores yet (they were not on the bingo card at all.)

Edited to say:

Nothing got done.

I got an email from the church secretary saying the church computer had died and she needed some info from me. At the same time, dh got an email from the chair of the board asking for an opinion on a replacement computer. So I narrowed down their requirements and what they were looking at, found them a better deal direct from the manufacturer and they can decide what they are going to do. But that took up my time this evening. I do have some chits sorted now so at least when I get going on the task, the sorting is done.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 pm

Harmony... thanks for the imput. I have a great remedy for baseboard corners that you described. I use a round stiff bottle brisel brush. I twirl it around it the corners and it cleans them rather well I might add. :D

I was able to get all my desk work done. And I paid my bills like Kathryn. Then I loaded up my car and did a GW trip, stopped inside to buy a nice but cheap cake plate as I am making cheese cake tomorrow for a gathering on Friday night and needed something to put it on.

From there I went to Big Lots and bed bath and beyond looking for a summer blanket. I have one but it’s for a double bed and I have a king... can you believe it I only found a very thin cotton blanket at bbb for $99. Walmart was close by so I tried there and found what I wanted for &24.98. Also bought carrots to make Sweeties roast for Friday night’s dinner because I won’t be here. Also bought a rotisserie chicken, my version of fast food so I didn’t have to cook tonight.

Tomorrow I will be spending hours in the kitchen make my cheese cake. I don’t mind cause everyone likes it and I enjoy making it.

* Dinner done
* dishes done
* I’m done :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”