Wednesday Chore Bingo

A place for organizing, simplifying, checklists, challenges and ta-das.
Harriet

Wednesday Chore Bingo

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:17 am

Paraphrasing Kathryn's post from yesterday:

Good Morning, Australia! UK! America!

Challenges and TaDas in our Wednesday Chore Bingo go here.

If you have a card/list from Tuesday, and are playing along, the numbers called so far are:

Called on Wednesday for those playing over more than one day

(Still two more numbers to call here - 11, 14)

Fresh Wednesday numbers for those who finished their Tuesday card, or starting fresh:

Or,
Come up with 15 or 16 chores on a square board 4x4 OR a list to check off, and jump in where you can.

We'll have 16 potential numbers that might be called, from one to sixteen BUT you can have a "free space" somewhere in your particular list or card, so that you're doing 15 chores and enjoying one freebie time in your "game".

New called numbers are at the WHIM of villagers :shock: .
Anybody can call them, even if they're not playing ;) .
If you are playing and finished the last numeral's chore, you can call the next.

Ready? Steady? Go!!!!

kittykatt

Re: Wednesday Chore Bingo

Postby kittykatt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

Good morning, everyone! Thank you, Harriet, for the start. It's a beautiful sunny morning here. I'm sitting with Lupin on my lap, but I need to get moving, so my first number is:

Go for my walk

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:28 am

S/S bathroom

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 am

Next up:

Time to work in my garden. I need to get this done before it gets too hot, and / or before it rains!

kittykatt

Postby kittykatt » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:54 am

That was a marathon session! But I've managed to trim the hedge, cut the grass, deadhead and spray the roses and water some of the pots on the patio.
Next up:

This is run the Hoover round upstairs, and do a quick PUPA and dust there.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:31 am

Hi, kittykatt. How many numbers are you working with today?

You called a 2, which works on my list leftover from Tuesday, so I'm starting with that.

Refrigerator cleanout.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:40 am

Didn't get out of bed until 8:30 so desperately behind here.

Bed is made, kitchen tidied, balcony plants watered, overnight email done, FB group monitored, but I still need to have my breakfast. None of those are on the chore list.

I've updated the opening post from today and will restart using the Wednesday numbers since I didn't do anything on Tuesday.

But first, breakfast and s2s.

Edited to add:

I'm done eating and dressing so time to begin.

I've cheated and rearranged my chart with the first few numbers since I know which have already been called.

All mine are 15 minutes each or 'do only for 15 minutes.' Longer chores are either split into multiple post-it notes (and if "chore part 3" is called first, I swap that with "chore part 1") but most are the 'little things' I never seem to get around to. I pretty regularly get to my weekly kitchen chores which take 30 minutes so I didn't put them on the card at all. But I hope to get them done today (while cooking or cleaning up after dinner, which is also not on the chart.)

My Bingo card is posted on a door and as I do a chore, I take it off the card and put it on the door. Some chores will be returned to the card the next time I fill it (for instance, "update Quicken", I have hours of work on that.) Others are 1-time chores so will be tossed when I stop playing but stored near the door for now.

OK, my first number of the day

#1 Tidy for 15 minutes.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 am

Call this the hybrid version. I'm on a fresh list for today and have listed over in PWYC four things to do, plus the first bingo call of the day. That is to fill up meds, so I'm working both places.

Nice trick, two places at once, huh?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am

I’ve got my list ready, but can’t play like many of y’all do. With my ADD I would loose my concentration and get scattered all over the house.

Kathryn... did you like your baseboard scrubber??? I’ve looked at them and wondered if the are worth the money. I usually kneel on a garden kneeling board and scrub them by hand. I vacuum them when I vacuum each room, but they need to be washed. I did the entire house last year and it took me two days.

Ok these are the chores I want to work on today.
1. Rotate my mattress
2. Laundry
3. Desk
4. Pay bills
5. Weekly food plan
6. Bed bath and beyond
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:19 am

I already peeked ahead and saw that # 2 - 15 min in the garage is next.

Do I haffto? I doan wanna do it.

I'm going in. Just 15 min.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Organization and Simplification Tools”