About PDA and Computer

Electronically organize and hold information to print for the family to use. Set up, maintain, and fine-tune your system here.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

About PDA and Computer

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am

Electronic devices may peek out of pocketbooks, or perch on lap or desk to offer speedy organization. What’s working for you? In this forum let others know how your organization system works with your favorite technology.

Links

Remember The Milk free task and time manager

My Corkboard free screen-saver serves as interactive bulletin board (version 1.00.99)

The Journal software with free (limited) download

Bannod

Re: About PDA and Computer

Postby Bannod » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:32 pm

I bought a new iPhone, the 16g in white. The app store in iTunes has wonderful programs for the iPhone, including SplashID and SplashShopper, so I was finally able to retire my PDA. My purse is much lighter now!

On my desktop, I use Entourage in MS Office for Mac. Good program!

dearduckyducky

Postby dearduckyducky » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:11 pm

I'd love to use my PDA for all this stuff. I used it well before I went back to school. I just can't seem to figure out how to add in homework. Any suggestions would be welcome! I have a Palm Z22.

nwannabe

Postby nwannabe » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:45 pm

I used to love my pda for my organizational tools and stuff, but my battery is so old that i hardly hold a charge then i end up losing it all anyway. I have found, anyway, that the only thing that works for me is a good old list on paper, BUT if someone has a program for the PC that might help or can send me to a website or something that would be great.

dearduckyducky

Postby dearduckyducky » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Have you looked at facebook's calendar? It's an application called 30 boxes. Once you fill in dates and times, you can have it email you reminders.

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Ducky: are you having trouble finding time to DO homework? Or do you need help knowing when things are due? I think just scheduling in a specific homework time and making it non-negotiable would be the only way for me...and entering in due dates (with the alarm set!) would help me with the other. Hope this helps...

dearduckyducky

Postby dearduckyducky » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 pm

The problem is quickly entering homework assignments at the end of class as I'm headed out the door to the next one.

With my paper planner, I just have it out on the table, ready to write in throughout the class. With the PDA proffessors prefer me to not have it out. So, I end up with a bunch of sticky notes that I forget to enter in later, or I've written the assignment who knows where....and I can't find it to enter into the PDA.

Of course, now I can't find my PDA.....dangit!

dearduckyducky

Postby dearduckyducky » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:05 pm

http://www.cozi.com/

This is an amazing site!! It has a great calendar you can personalize, shopping lists you can text or email to people or your phone. Journal to keep people updated. Photo album to share the memories.

It's wonderful!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:50 pm

Ducky this is off topic but I giggle when I see your avatar. I flash to all the antics of Donald Duck.

dearduckyducky

Postby dearduckyducky » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:45 pm

LOL, I really relate to Donald's character. He's going along smoothly then everything seems to blow up in his face, then he blows his top. :lol:

Return to “PDA and Computer”