Routine Maintenance

AM, PM. daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and cleaning routines become habit and make life flow smoothly.
blessedw2

Re: Routine Maintenance

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:38 am

yesterday I spent the day in the garden - only routines: basic kitchen and the animals.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:39 am

July 14, 2022 Bastille day!

just getting started. 10:39 :shock: ;) :D

today is let's talk trash Thursday!

Friday: built it Friday, family room Friday.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:48 pm

July 15, 2022 Friday:

breakfast dishes rinsed off
table rinsed
fed animals
worked an hour and a half in the garage then added another half an hour.
not perfect - but better.
lunch made
now to go inside and flip laundry and then work on kitchen weeklies

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:18 am

where are you going today: that's my question to myself today!

first meds
than get outside to water neighbors and our property before the major heat of the day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:13 pm

when I struggle I know it's because I have visual clutter taking over some areas.
I have become a minimal visual person. I have found thatI can no longer have drawers filled with stuff or things out while I am working on a project. It's like my brain says "you didn't do it yet"

Right now I am taking care of my visual clutter before I do the daily routine

Going to work on one thing at a time! Anything that says "you didn't do it yet", has to be a goal for me today so that I can gain visual peace; which reduces my stress.

What I can do is my motto today:

so far:
vacuumed kitchen floor of dog hair :D
rinsed kitchen floor :D totals: 10 minutes

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:32 pm

Back from town errands done for today. Yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:43 pm

good for you for all the work you do d Nancy!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:49 pm

I checked on the neighbors plants dh has been watering for me - 2 were dying - it' not his fault but the pots were filled with 3 + inches of water - she put the plastic pots in the container that stuck to the bottom - no holes for it to drain. dh didn't see that they were flooded.
oh well we killed one plant for sure.

time for a room by room first - 12:49 pm to start. wish me luck!!!
home blessing and put away

start: family room.
laundry started

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:56 pm

Blessed, I think that is unfortunate that your neighbor wanted you to do this watering but didn't leave you a water source.

This week is outside on my focus calendar. I wonder if I did my calendar right because I notice there is also a porch on each round also. anyway, that is good. I need more than 1 week for porches and outside work. I would be doing more if it wasn't so darn hot and I was younger with more energy.

Today I did the front porch. 5 big screens out of the windows and scrubbed and hosed. Windows wiped and hosed. The frames took a bit of doing. Used 2 different sized brushes and rag and bucket of water. 4 chairs scrubbed and hosed, also 3 small tables. I hosed porch floor and the patio pavers next to it. Dragging that hose all the way over to the porch is a job all in itself.

Scrubbed with brush the cement/stucco planters at the end of the driveway (2). Hosed them off. They need more work. Wiped and hosed the mailbox. It gets algae on the white surface.

I will put everything back together soon, it's all drying in the sun. Then I want to do some things in the flower garden if I have enough energy left. And I will drag myself into the shower. Looking forward to that.

Ok, put everything back together on the porch. I found a little tool in DH's toolbox that makes taking out the screens easy and putting them back in a breeze. Wow. I wish I'd tried that before this. The little round ring on the edge of the screens (plastic) got brittle and cracked and I always struggled to do this. Everything back on the porch now, furniture, etc. I tidied up the flower garden, deadheaded all the flowers and took out dead stuff. Took the hand clippers and cut back the grass all around. Should do it with the weedeater but it's heavy for me and doesn't get done so I do it by hand. All that's left to do is divide a plant that is taking over and plant some of it in the back.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:33 pm

Focus right now is supposed to be Kitchen. There is only a couple things to move in there...and I will do that as part of the office work I'm doing now, because that stuff belongs back here. Office doesn't come up till Mid September but this is driving me sorta crazy so I need to get it done now. 1 out of 2 projects are reorganized. Closet is getting done. 1 part done. We did do that big clean out of the book case and 2 file cabinet drawers. All that stuff is gone and/or burned. If it wasn't for tax laws, a whole lot more stuff in the closet would be gone too.

Return to “Routines”