Layered Vegetable Salad
This salad is made and chilled for 24 hours before serving.
2 bags lettuce, chopped
1 pkg. frozen peas, cooked and chilled
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
3 diced tomatoes
8 eggs, boiled and sliced
1/4 tsp. prepared mustard
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/2 cup sour cream or imitation sour cream, such as IMO
1) Cook and chill peas;
2) Put 1/2 - 3/4 of lettuce in the bottom of a glass bowl (glass bowls show the pretty and colorful layers)
3) Add 1 layer of diced tomatoes;
4) Add sliced eggs around the sides of the bowl; add 1/2 amount of peas, sprinkle with dill weed;
5) Add 1 cup shredded cheese;
6) Repeat layers without eggs on the side of the bowl;
7) Top with dressing and layer eggs on the top;
8) Seal with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours before serving.
This is a great recipe for holidays, family dinners and potlucks. Enjoy!