Divine Double Chocolate Pie
(from Eagle Brand Canada website via Kathryn)
A doubly rich and satisfying dessert with 2 chocolates, if you please. Try it your way... white on semi-sweet, white on dark chocolate, or dark on white.
prep time: 15 min. plus baking time
servings: 6-8 portions
* 1 pkg (250 g) regular or light cream cheese, softened
* 1 can (300 mL) Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand®
* 1 egg
* 1/3 cup (75 mL) white chocolate chips, melted
* 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
* 1 (9”/23 cm) graham cracker or chocolate flavoured pie crust
* Beat cream cheese until fluffy; gradually beat in Eagle Brand and egg.
* Remove 1/3 cup (75 mL) Eagle Brand mixture; whisk into melted white chocolate chips; set aside.
* Whisk remaining Eagle Brand mixture with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips; pour into prepared pie crust. Spoon white chocolate mixture over semi-sweet chocolate layer and gently swirl with knife to marble*.
* Bake in preheated 325ºF (160ºC) oven for 20-25 minutes or until just set. Cool thoroughly and garnish as desired.
*Marbling: To get that great marbling effect in two-tone cheesecakes, drop the second mixture in spoonfuls onto the base mixture. Let settle, then gently swirl a narrow spatula through light and dark mixturesThis is a really easy really recipe that provide almost professional results. And it is very rich so 1/8 of the pie is a serving (thus one pie serves 8 generously - not always the case with a 9" pie!)