Indiana's Living Room focus challenge week: 10/21

blessedw2

Indiana's Living Room focus challenge week: 10/21

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 am

I copied this from previous time:
my note: IF YOU DO ONE thing YOU ARE STILL HEAD OF THE GAME. For me I see this as a chance to get my front room and my family room ready for the holidays. :mrgreen: (making my smile green for the holidays) I also can't do things monthly like others can

Also if you are so buried looking at this list will send you laughing or crying - it's too much to expect and you have to be okay with it! It's all right - the majority of women and men could not do the list = I think when we see a list we have to remember its a guideline of things to remember not necessarily do at once.

My main thing:
1. if you have trash in this room Toss it.
2. If you have laundry in this room - remove it and go to laundry mat if it is necessary to get it all done and then put it away or donate or box until after Christmas to make a decision (put a date on it when you should visit it again)
3. if you have shoes in the room - put them in that persons room or in your own closets
4. are there blankets in there - how many do you need? or should they really be there at all?
5. Have everyone in the house grab their stuff from that room and put it in theres (if they don't put it away in their room it's okay to put it in a box and place it in their room)
(too many times I find if you are in major clutter now is not the time for arguments or defensiveness because everyone thinks of decluttering then as a horrible thing - something to run away from instead of something celebrating your home - no blame game allowed and thank you's should be given after they put their things in their space even if not in the space you want) make it more positive for you and your family
6. important: if you have dishes in those rooms - move them to the kitchen and scrape

"As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes through out the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.

Adjust the rooms to fit your home.

Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.

As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.

Living room

Ceiling and corners - quarterly
Ceiling light - quarterly
Walls - quarterly
Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints), quarterly
Door and floor trim - quarterly
Light switch - weekly
Dust lights - weekly
Dust pictures - weekly
Dust decorations – weekly
Wash decorations – quarterly if needed
Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
Window – quarterly if needed
Window treatments - annual
Dust furniture - weekly
Closet -quarterly
Floor – weekly
Throw rugs – weekly if needed
Wipe mirrors – weekly
Drawers, cupboards, and shelves – quarterly if needed
Discard magazines and catalogs on coffee or side tables; store those you want to keep – weekly
Fluff and rotate sofa cushions - weekly
Vacuum upholstery - quarterly
Trash – weekly
Sweep out fireplace - quarterly
Manage clutter - daily
Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
Buy – replacements or something new if needed
Declutter – dining room (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the closets easier."

Last edited by blessedw2 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Indiana's Living Room focus challenge week: 10/21

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:36 am

I wish I could do things as often as the list but in truth I am not able to and that's okay.

My focus is to get ready for the holidays so that when my family gets the tree etc. and they have time together it is a nice place to be together.

(I also have a family room - not big but it sure gets a lot of use by all types of creatures

on my cards but will do what I can do and try not to fret about being perfect (the above list is a guideline :D and I always do well with a guideline

for me:
where is the tree stand? sounds silly but I lost it one year lol make sure I can find it for when we get our tree
lights too :D
make sure my Christmas gift list is in order (make sure I don't miss anyone)
:D

clean the windows for dog smudges, :D
dejunk any magazines or extras from that space, :D
clean out fire place :D
clean knickity knacks :D
clean picture frames :D
GET PIANO TUNED tuned tuesday before halloween :D
clean under furniture :D
clean lamp shades :arrow:
and do what I can
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “FOCUS”