dIndiana's focus: Dining Room Oct 27 to Nov 3 2012

blessedw2

dIndiana's focus: Dining Room Oct 27 to Nov 3 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:48 am

Doing one thing means you are ahead...

Main: are you having thanksgiving: use the holiday section - it will help you.
are you cooking? do you need new cloths, shoes, make up, hair appointments for hair dying (we don't want stripes), are your glasses and plates, silverware clean for the holiday? if you do travel do you need a hotel, will your dkids have cloths, do you have the car cleaned out to travel?

From my old days, i needed this

- If there is garbage in the room: get it out the door into the dump or the garbage can for the garbage people to take (other people need to make a living too :D )
- Is there laundry in your dining room (like there is in mine - dh's laundry and towels are on the table and one cat is sleeping on the towels ;) ) put it away - it won't take as long as you think
- ask everyone to take their things out of the room and place it in theres. It's not a request, its a must and then thank them for the help. Insist or if they don't then instead of the easy way of feeling like a victim - take their items and bag it and put it in the corner of their room for them to deal with it. if they are little guide them and make it fun to "put away".
- dishes that are there - no matter who made the mess - must go in the kitchen, scraped and rinsed.

From our dear Indiana
"Please note there is a new format for this thread from last year.

As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes through out the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.

Adjust the rooms to fit your home.

Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.

As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.

Dining room
Ceiling and corners - quarterly
Ceiling light - quarterly
Walls - quarterly
Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints), quarterly
Door and floor trim - quarterly
Light switch - weekly
Dust lights - weekly
Dust pictures - weekly
Dust decorations – weekly
Wash decorations – quarterly if needed
Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
Window – quarterly if needed
Window treatments - annual
Dust furniture - weekly
Closet -quarterly
Floor – weekly
Throw rugs – weekly if needed
Wipe mirrors – weekly
Drawers, cupboards, and shelves – quarterly if needed
Vacuum upholstery - quarterly
Manage clutter - daily
Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
Buy – replacements or something new if needed
Declutter – porch / entry / foyer (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the closets easier.

Remember not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. Use the list as a guide"
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: dIndiana's focus: Dining Room Oct 27 to Nov 3 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 am

if you are super cluttered toss on area of garbage at a time 1 foot by 1 foot or 2' x 2' (be kind to yourself and celebrate each moment)
(d harriet's decluttering is a perfect place to cheer yourself on, get the help you need to let go and celebrate the change that happens as you let go)

blessedw2

Re: dIndiana's focus: Dining Room Oct 27 to Nov 3 2012

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:55 am

I am finding dh is getting excited to work along with me on getting things ready. to me some of the things seem so trivial he wants to do compared to the big things that need doing but he really wants certain things done and I have to respect him for that. But it is neat to see him interested and planning ahead.

this room, in particular, will need to be packed up this week as we ready for having our wood floors redone. So my goal this week is to pack all the dishes and pictures and place them in the 3 season room. Same with the glass case in the Front room. Make appointments for the dogs and cats to stay at vet. Dh will need to get a set date for the floors and i will look at tile for the dogs/laundry room (small) as they ruin the floor most

Return to “FOCUS”