Money Focus January 2013

blessedw2

Re: Money Focus January 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:58 am

from video (making it fun and it will get done)

Nelly (her inner brat) can give the wonderful ideas and reasons for things but I give the rules for her to follow. (about her inner brat about money and seeing the positive)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am

The grand kids and I have been talking about piggy banks, I have done a coin jar in the past to begin a savings program. It's good to start when kids are small.

blessedw2

Re: Money Focus January 13 - 20 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:12 pm

my goal this week is to make a realistic budget and plan and then say no to wants. Also list needs and really think if they are needs are not.

need:
dd to print at library the constitution test (min)

Jan 14
we have company coming this weekend.. went to grocery store. mmmm*
returned item that wasn't needed :D
went to starbucks :oops: trying to keep track of this impulse things*
15 store
16 went out to eat, barnes and nobles william sonoma's, starbucks not impulse at least on the last b & n and will s.
17 I have a lunch out I can't afford - because I ate out yesterday... (noticing a pattern when it comes to spending... I want the magical, not the ordinary when it comes to my dd's, d friends, d family. - yesterday we went to this wonderful french bistro near our house - It's amazing. (at least we went for lunch as it's cheaper) but I knew how much it would cost.. I also knew dd older is leaving and was going to be with friends yesterday etc...dd younger had her toughest finals and what's the first thing i say.. lets go to ... by the time we had our gourmet meal with people we love over there I charged it and agreed to come to the weekly french lesson and wine class. (instead of saying .. no no no I am taking out of my savings for this - I had plopped that card down as if there was no worry).

after that I had a nightmare (2nd one of these) where I rent a huge tour bus... don't ask... the other one is where we don't have any money and we have to sell our house for a really horrible thing and my d kids have to quit school (I have had this many a time)... so why do I spend. I know I spend to please now. I just have to find a way to curb it. A full time job would let me keep my spending habits but truth be told I want to be here until dd younger graduates. I need to talk to my inner brat - and tell her no and find a better way to show my love.

want to give dd older hotel rooms for her and her friends (that magical thing again.. she said no thank you she would not do that to us but the fact that I thought of it makes me realize how much I want everyone to have fun but not realistic budget fun.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 pm

my january was expensive as I try to control the little brat in me. some thing I did better some things not so much but I am trying

Return to “FOCUS”