Money Focus January 2013

blessedw2

Money Focus January 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm

Do you have any goals for the year 2013

January:
How is your desk?
Do you have stamps, a clean spot to do bills,
How are your habits to turn of that little voice that says you need more or makes you spend money that you would rather save for that dream vacation... (fabric, paint, crafts, eating out, etc).

Credit cards: Think but Don't tell how many charge cards you have - how can you get down to one

Do you have a budget?

What is your secret to savings

Can the bill organized help the people like me with how to file, how they save etc.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Money Focus January 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm

For me: following the Get out of Debt book by Pam young
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 am

week of december 29th goal for me:
Stamps that are just mine in my desk area.
Pluses this week- ignored my inner brat when it said to go to William Sonoma to see the sales: priceless :D
Paid off my Visa and girls visa - let it get too high during the holidays
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:31 pm

this week: December 30th to January 6 done!

my pluses this week (celebrating the little instead of focusing on the negative) - ate at home almost all of the time! said no to many impulses even when the inner brat screamed! said no to starbucks 4 out of 7 days (a big thing for me)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:56 am, edited 15 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:29 am

my money goal for jan. 4, 2013 I have to go to the butcher shop (minimum for freezer), library copies,phone, grocery store minimum

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:35 pm

what I heard today: look at credit cards not as income.. money you have available any time you want but as a loan (which it is) - an aha moment

blessedw2

Re: Money Focus January 7 to 14 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:06 am

My goal: Be money smart by
1. remembering my inner brat keeps saying "I want" and lets the impulse child in me let it have it which causes me financial pain later on (causing me STRESS - spending tremendous resources ending stability and security).
2. have a monthly, weekly and daily budget (thank you d Nancy - she does a green budget card for the week)
3. reduce my want for expensive habits (my dmom is at a totally different level as are my neighbors and neighborhood)
4. reduce my need for lazy habits (i.e. dinner)
5. reduce my ego - I was told recently that I was a very generous person - a good thing of course - but when I outspend my pocket book to be generous to a fault I take away the ability to be generous to my dh, my dd's and my future. I can be kind without getting the perfect gift, the perfect meal, etc. - a card or a gentle word will to the same.
6. hoping to teach myself to think before I act.

what I am trying to remember now that I am trying to put the stop to my inner brats spending (as Pam says) she is kicking up a storm. My mind knows that it is a must and my bank book is saying the same but my internal spoiled child keeps saying "I want it", I don't like routine in money. Wow. It reminds me of when I first started the SHE program and started dejunking. It wasn't pleasant. trying to remember that my inner house stinker used to pout and tantrum the same way.

and don't forget to look back at the week, record my spending, see what I will owe the next bill and only spend (lol) what I can pay back that month

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 pm

it is wednesday January 10th
I have gotten carried away with other things and have not focused on money... a big mistake as it is very easy to get carried away with spending on the charge card.

Wednesday:
einsteins: 6 bagels and cream cheese (want) I had cream cheese at home
dd wanted to go to starbucks and I did (and I bought myself something... not necessary)
10: thursday... I went crazy today: I went emotional shopping... I normally don't do that. I went to the local cooking store with I wan't that and I am going to have it thinking. wow $252 later. so I have it in the car and I will have to bring it back... so embarrassing
also have to pay for dd olders college for this semester which I thought she still had enough money in her college fund... she has money to start off her life while searching for a job. but wow now we have to come up with a lot of money I had planned to save before January 20th
ddwanted starbucks yesterday and I said sure and ended up buying myself some too. ;) right now feeling that every time I try to save I get hit with a really big bill. (everyone has this so I can't dwell on it too long - I can just keep improving the way I spend money)

11: my daily budget plan for today: dd older has a dentist appointment ($300)
no coffee out, lunch and dinner at home (very frustrated - my cut up day and driving (especially not prepping the food early in the day) dinner was ate out. :oops: :oops: by time done 80.00 I was going to send them by themselves but they wanted me to come with which was sweet.
grocery store 95.00 charge
think before I act in spending.
figure out my money spent for this month.
Pay the painter 370.00 today (planned for)

The brat in me wants magical vacations again, magical graduation party for dd older (so tempering it so I can afford it)

Identifying wants: I want to put the beams in the ceiling in the family room (it is a want not a need and will cost)
affordable want: put trim up in dd olders bedroom

need: paint the family room... needs it
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:28 am

Sh-h I'm quietly reading; trying not to wake up the inner brats [IB]
Our pastor is doing a series on $ at church on Sun. mornings currently.
The Financial Peace ones by Dave Ramsey I think.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:32 am

how neat is that d nancy. I have the Good book by pam young and I have been considering finding a church group that teaches finances. The truth be told is that I have to work - but putting it off until dd olders graduation. dd younger graduates from high school next year. so I have to really watch my pennies

Return to “FOCUS”