2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 8/26/2013 - Fourth Round

Harriet

2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 8/26/2013 - Fourth Round

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Here are Indiana's steps to a clean Bedroom, from January 10, 2009

As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes through out the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.

Adjust the rooms to fit your home.

Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.

As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.

Bedrooms

Ceiling and corners - quarterly
Ceiling light - quarterly
Walls - quarterly
Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints), quarterly
Door and floor trim - quarterly
Light switch - weekly
Dust pictures - weekly
Dust decorations – weekly
Wash decorations – quarterly if needed
Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
Window – quarterly if needed
Window treatments - annual
Dust furniture - weekly
Closet -quarterly
Floor – weekly
Throw rugs – weekly if needed
Wipe mirrors – weekly
Make bed - daily
Bed linens - weekly
Mattress turn & vacuum – quarterly
Comforters, and pillows fluff - quarterly
Drawers, cupboards, and shelves – quarterly if needed
Trash - weekly
Manage clutter - daily
Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
Buy – replacements or something new if needed
Declutter – bathrooms (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the bedrooms easier.

Remember not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. Use the list as a guide.

blessedw2

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 1/07/2013 - First Round

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:28 pm

My goal for this week is put the newish bedskirt my d mom had made on the bed
vacuum under bed
clean the inside windows
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Bedskirts can be such pretty additions, blessed.

I have been working my way around our master bedroom. Bureau, corner, tv/exercise mini-space, ottoman, upholstered chair, corner. I am almost halfway around! (If I don't count the underbed storage and curtains.) I don't see this as a potential "finish" this time, but, assuming some usual bad weather, I do intend to return to the master bedroom some when we have our "outdoor" week in early February. Right now, I'm coming up on my donation pile, made during the declutter last week, so I need to get that up and on out to the car trunk next. Then I'm continuing the west wall beside the bed, which includes a window. See you somewhere along the way!

By end of week - Continued along with cleaning all the bedroom furniture (many cubbies in our headboard/storage unit). Also added in washing the bedspread.

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 3/25/2013 - Second Round

Postby BookSaver » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:49 am

Second round for bedrooms.
Check Indiana's list above for suggestions.

However, feel free to spend your Focus time on a more public room if you will be having company coming over for Easter celebrations this weekend.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm

Yea I'm on track with this one for once!

Harriet

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 3/25/2013 - Second Round

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:44 am

Worked in my ddad's room. Dd is working in hers now that she has a little time away from school. Happily it is sunshine-y at last and I can get outside with this vacuum to clean it out and get it ready for more floors! I am always so discouraged when I have to clean the vacuum inside, and bedroom week definitely requires the vacuum.

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 6/10/2013 - Third Round

Postby BookSaver » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:56 am

This week's 3rd round almost slipped by me in the busy-ness of finishing a fund raising event for the public library. I have some time today to FOCUS, though, so I'll work in the bedroom.

We have a ceiling fan with no overhead light. That presents a bit of a challenge when trying to clean on a cloudy day. We are supposed to alternate today between sun and showers, I'll be able to see part of the time.

The real challenge will be from the cats. In their world, being in the bedroom means napping on the bed, not moving things around and using a noisy vacuum cleaner. :lol:

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 8/26/2013 - Fourth Round

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:12 am

Fourth round in the bedroom.

Our window has been open with a fan all summer except during storms. We live on a busy corner and the side road is gravel, so the fan brings in lots of extra dust.

Harriet

Re: 2013 FOCUS - Bedrooms - 8/26/2013 - Fourth Round

Postby Harriet » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:49 am

I am so glad we got dd's room truly cleaned last month, all the way to painting the walls and trim and renting a carpet cleaner.

Now we need to spend part of this upcoming weekend on her old room. It is very close to cleared out right now, everything off the walls, with the only furniture piece left being a big desk that is really too heavy to be worth lifting, although HRH may want to. If we can get all the last little items out of there, we can clean deep and rent a carpet cleaner again, and this time do that room and the hallway as well. I rather doubt that we will paint, but I'll pass it by HRH.

Lightbulbs are the necessity here on my shopping list for bedroom Focus. A recent purchase was a pack of nightlights and also different bulbs to put in them. Bought dd a new gooseneck lamp. I need to assess the double-bed sheets at my parents' house and decide whether we have enough or need to purchase a fitted double sheet at least, or maybe a set.

Return to “FOCUS”