February Money 2013

blessedw2

February Money 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:47 pm

My goal with this is to get control of my budget, look at my habits and hopefully change the habits by using my card file and planning. Also by letting my inner brat know that I am watching.

goal this month:
1 have a budget for me. really look ahead and see what expenses I will be coming across, including dh's and our bills together.
2. I tend to have wants more than needs - think of them before the month and before the week and see what triggers the impulses and what I can really afford.

expenses I can see ahead:
3 birthdays
plane tickets for dd's
my mothers anniversary (my d dad may be gone but she still loves celebrating it)

think cheap

What's your goal?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: February Money 2013

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm

unexpected but kind of expected expense. 674 for dd olders dentist.
stopped myself from going to william sonoma
computer 150.00
paid visa for dd's class 1515 for black belt club
feb 4 ate out yesterday (treating food as a treat instead of planning... I know that is the inner brat talking

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

filled out my excel sheets for january and now february 2013 including any monies spent on charge accounts

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Found a receipt so I don't have to pay for my flu shot twice yea for saving $25.oo.
Found apples on sale 99c. for a bag feeling grateful about that.
Found eggs today yea for extras!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 pm

great job and wonderful that you found the receipt and the eggs and apples on sale!!! dnancy

I didn't do too well today. d aunt had a birthday and I had planned on just buying a cake from a pastry shop.. i did that and bought extras of other things - so I charged more than I had planned. I think I might have to put a note up for myself on my credit card to say "THINK"

last night I paid for four classes but I didn't eat there and that saved me a bit

feb 9 coffee and breakfast out
yesterday won a bid on ebay... I should have waited as they had a copper 12 cup bowl for 25.00 coming up. I know it would be going up by the time it came through. new they cost 200 but still I could have waited until a really cheap one came about . I bought it for 65 but with tax and shipping it is 75

Return to “FOCUS”