As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes throughout the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.
Adjust the rooms to fit your home.
Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.
As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.
Porch / Entry/ Foyer
- Ceiling and corners - quarterly
- Ceiling light - quarterly
- Walls - quarterly
- Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints), quarterly
- Door and floor trim - quarterly
- Light switch - weekly
- Dust pictures - weekly
- Dust decorations – weekly
- Wash decorations – quarterly if needed
- Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
- Window – quarterly if needed
- Window treatments - annual
- Dust furniture - weekly
- Closet -quarterly
- Floor – weekly
- Wipe mirrors - weekly
- Manage clutter - daily
- Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
- Buy – replacements or something new if needed
- Declutter – bedrooms (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the bedrooms easier.
Remember not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. Use the list as a guide.