FOCUS - Bedroom - 3/27/2012 - Second Round

Indiana

FOCUS - Bedroom - 3/27/2012 - Second Round

Postby Indiana » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

Please note there is a new format for this thread from last year.

As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes through out the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.

Adjust the rooms to fit your home.

Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.

As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.

Bedrooms

• Ceiling and corners - quarterly
  • Ceiling light - quarterly
  • Walls - quarterly
  • Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints), quarterly
  • Door and floor trim - quarterly
  • Light switch - weekly
  • Dust pictures - weekly
  • Dust decorations – weekly
  • Wash decorations – quarterly if needed
  • Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
  • Window – quarterly if needed
  • Window treatments - annual
  • Dust furniture - weekly
  • Closet -quarterly
  • Floor – weekly
  • Throw rugs – weekly if needed
  • Wipe mirrors – weekly
  • Make bed - daily
  • Bed linens - weekly
  • Mattress turn & vacuum – quarterly
  • Comforters, and pillows fluff - quarterly
  • Drawers, cupboards, and shelves – quarterly if needed
  • Trash - weekly
  • Manage clutter - daily
  • Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
  • Buy – replacements or something new if needed
  • Declutter – bathrooms (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the bedrooms easier.

Remember not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. Use the list as a guide.

Harriet

Re: FOCUS - Bedroom - 1/12/08

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:39 am

Hello on Monday morning, Focused people!

Looking 'round my Master Bedroom and focusing my eyes :shock: on this. The decluttering in here last week... ... helped. My M Bedroom has always had distinct clutter problems because it's so big and available in a house without garage, basement or particularly remarkable storage space otherwise. So this room has always needed more housework time than others.

That's okay, there's a lot of space that is open and I have a new vacuum cleaner (yay). I will be vacuuming the corners and edges of some spots I couldn't have gotten to during holidays because of grandchild-stash-and-dashes! Using made bed as a sorting surface for shelves/tops I want to dust will actually let me work in more declutter/organization as I go.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

LurkyLou

Postby LurkyLou » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:42 pm

I've got the master bedroom done up and it looks mahvelous! My big challenge this week will be ds' room. I will start on it tomorrow (call me Scarlett!) with boxing up some clothes, etc that ds wants us to bring up to him.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:00 pm

Congrats on feeling so good about your bedroom, LurkyLou. I also did some in dd10's room, but am mostly staying in Master. Dusting, vacuuming today. Have a dresser in a Mediterranean style with a lot of deep, tiny designs on the 6 drawer fronts, partially covered by each big fancy handle. No other furniture takes so long to dust - I'll never buy anything like this again but will consider easy cleaning when I purchase.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Harriet what do you use to dust it?

If you don't use a paint brush for the carving can you?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Indiana, I used to use a vacuum attachment ("multi-tool") that had long bristles. But this new vacuum's multi tool has very short bristles. maybe 3/8 of an inch. This time dd10 and I used swiffer cloths wrapped 'round our fingers and got into all the crevices. (It was easier for her slender fingers than mine!) It did a good job but we don't want to do it again! The paint brush is a good idea that will probably strike dd's fancy.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:51 pm

harriet did you call us focused people... only time in my life I think I have heard that... how wonderful! I love the swiffer dusters. so sweet your dd10 helps you. great job on your focus too!

hi indiana thank you so much for the focus!!! I love the feeling you gave by saying "maintaining our homes".

hi (scarlet) lurky your master bedroom looks mahvelous!!!! great work.

my bedroom focus is done. dh will take the inside cushions of the 1907 baby carriage to cleaners (we used that for dd19's baptism of course as a baby :D ) still need to put up bed skirt my dmom made 9 years ago :oops: and never been up. dd13 emptied out my entire closet and organized it. :D made a large bag of garbage and a bag of donations.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Indiana

Re: FOCUS - Bedroom - 3/30/08 = Second Round

Postby Indiana » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:25 pm

We are now on the second round for bedrooms.

Smile*Lee

Re: FOCUS - Bedroom - 3/30/08 = Second Round

Postby Smile*Lee » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Awesome! I thought maybe we were at the end of the bedroom focus challenge, but it's just starting! yay!

master bedroom:
-- culled 150 dry-cleaner hangers from the closet
-- did a little rearranging of the hanging clothes
-- spiffied the floor a bit
-- folded and bagged shirts from his closet decluttering session

I'm going to try and get at least 15 a day in.
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

LurkyLou

Re: FOCUS - Bedroom - 3/30/08 - Second Round

Postby LurkyLou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:16 am

I focused on ds' room yesterday and you can see a vacuumed the floor! I dusted all the horizontal surfaces and things are beginning to look like a room. I would like to take alot of "stuff" out to the shop and store it there for ds. I'd also like to sell his old twin bed and get a queen bed in there for a spare room. Babysteps, sigh.........
Today I'll work in my room.

Return to “FOCUS”