FOCUS - Storage - 2/13/12 - First Round of 2012

Indiana

FOCUS - Storage - 2/13/12 - First Round of 2012

Postby Indiana » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:06 pm

Please note there is a new format for this thread from last year.

As we continue to maintain our homes, the key is maintaining our homes through out the year instead of a full deep cleaning once or twice a year.

Adjust the rooms to fit your home.

Not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. I have marked possible times for doing the chore. Look at each area with fresh eyes to see what should be done this round.

As you do each room dust, vacuum, wash, wipe, wax, sweep, mop, detail, straighten, and declutter any surfaces that need to be done.

Storage

• Ceiling and corners - quarterly
  • Ceiling light - quarterly
  • Walls - quarterly
  • Doors and hardware – weekly (finger prints)
  • Door and floor trim - quarterly
  • Light switch - weekly
  • Dust lights - weekly
  • Cold/hot air vents - quarterly
  • Window – quarterly if needed
  • Window treatments - annual
  • Floor – weekly
  • Throw rugs – weekly if needed
  • Drawers, cupboards, and shelves – quarterly if needed
  • Storage containers – group like items together, label, purge, relocate
  • Manage clutter - daily
  • Repairs – either repair or put on a list for the future
  • Buy – replacements or something new if needed
  • Declutter – outdoors (next focus area) and post accomplishments in Harriet’s declutter thread. This is a great opportunity and will make maintaining the closets easier.

Remember not all the things listed need to be done this round. Some may be done daily, weekly, monthly, every 3 or 6 months or yearly. Use the list as a guide.

lucylee

Re: FOCUS - Storage - 2/16/09

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 pm

I completely have gotten off track the last two weeks. I will try to do better this week!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:30 am

Lucy you haven't gotten off track, life is on track. instead of trying to do so much which mentally you can not do, do one thing only (only one) and celebrate it. I find if I can't get to a room and I do one simple thing like dust (I don't do it great at all but just hit). I mean it I don't do great at it. but what happens is that I may or may not dejunk 1/2 a drawer. but if you hit that room every other time wow it helps. You are expecting perfection of yourself, if this was your dson what would you say if he was that hard on himself. One thing and walk away and be proud!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Thank you, blessed. I need your reminders sooo much, b/c perfectionism IS a big, big problem for me. I used to not realize it, but you make me see that it is true... and it nags at me from ALL directions -- not just the house! And it has ALWAYS been a problem for me. I had teachers tell me this in high school... a really, really close friend told me... I'm sure a lot of my anxiety comes from wanting everything to be PERFECT.

But I really AM trying to think like you said -- if I can just hit this room (whatever it is for the week) and do ONE thing, that is a great accomplishment, b/c without the FOCUS schedule, who knows when I might think about that room again?
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 pm

I agree 100%, without the focus I go from one thing to another! I keep telling dindiana and dharriet thank you because they keep me going! waving hello to you.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 am

focus: I didn't clean storage area but I have gotten rid of a lot. same with dfamily. but it looks better in the storage areas. thanks indiana for keeping me in one area at a time, making me focus for a little while to hit all the spots in my home.

since there is snow outside this week I won't be working outside except planning for garden. order seeds (a little late I know). but what I will do is work in kitchen for the next 2 weeks. I never finished my wall paper as life got busy again so I knew I would be back in this area again because of the focus thread. So the next 2 weeks is in this room.

Indiana

Re: FOCUS - Storage - 5/4/09 - Second Round

Postby Indiana » Sun May 03, 2009 3:01 pm

This begins our second round.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: FOCUS - Storage - 5/4/09 - Second Round

Postby Nancy » Mon May 04, 2009 9:21 pm

Worked on the storage area
the storage shed this past week.
It did not take long this surprised me;
I just stacked up the ice chests
and swept it out;
last mo. we got out the patio furniture
and took some items to the dump,
and hauled off a couple other things to donate.

Indiana

Re: FOCUS - Storage - 7/20/09 - Third Round

Postby Indiana » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:44 pm

This is our third round for storage.

blessedw2

10/4 storage

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:31 am

hi dindiana I hope you don't mind me starting this week

this week of our dear indiana's routine is storage. to me this week is important as we are putting away winter things
and my dmom have given me lots of things to make decisions on, mostly donations.

I will also be doing as our dear nancy is doing... changing out summer cloths for winter.

Return to “FOCUS”