PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:45 am

Sadie wrote:

Back again. It is just a little after 7 o'clock. Didn't get back to sleep but did rest while my mind planned out the day.

think I got almost 6 hours of sleep so I think I'm good to go.

Have unloaded dishwasher. Can hear the dryer running, think Dson-19 is doing his laundry.

going to feed the cats and enjoy a few minutes of quiet before the guys start getting up and starting their day.

Wiil be back.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 am

DeeClutter wrote:

I am so excited to see all these familiar faces in our new village! Think the Administrators with help from the Moderators have done one fantastic job making this village so inviting. It DOES look sparkling and wonderful. One thing about this move -we really didn't have to pack and it was only a click away. Hmmm....very futuristic isn't it? Glad to see you all getting here. Browse around and enjoy this new fit!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 am

DeeClutter wrote:

How 'bout that, Kathryn -I never noticed you HAVE to click on the "View your Post" to return. Guess I have just always clicked on it -in too much of a hurry! There is one interesting thing about posting though -if you hit the "back" button it will take you back to your post that you've been writing.

Mystery, what a great avatar!

And -has anyone noticed that by clicking on the "ITEMS" to the left of your post under your name, etc. -that will take you back to the 'home' page where all the forums are listed. No need to go to the top or bottom to click there. :lol: Just a little time-saver!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:49 am

Harriet wrote:

Good morning, dear friends.

I thought the lights were turned out in a very classy fashion last evening, administrators (and CathyS).

Of course in a way they went right back on for the next 5 or 6 weeks to provide a signpost to this place and also to allow for any gleaning of previous posts' wisdom that we might need.

The "click here to view your message" button starts to become second nature after a while. I found myself doing it on the old board yesterday! (I guess that happens at the 21-posts mark! :lol: ) That's a habit joke. :wink:

Frankly, I'm excited about the new space in the form of forum umbrellas that can shelter new threads as we settle in and get a feel for what we'd like. Please peruse the various "about" announcements for what is envisioned "under" the forums, and start thinking about threads you'd like to see. Don't miss the avatar sticky under FAQ, btw.

My week will start out busily but, I hope, end calmly. Today is a light Errand Day and Desk Day, and tomorrow is my mom91's appt with eye dr, likely to consider special glasses since the double vision has not improved. We'll probably have her hair done while we're out. Ds22 is home and doing laundry following his (rough on the clothes) rescue-training weekend. He had a good experience and ended up teaching parts that he knew well, so he's happy. I guess my laundry can wait! :wink:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 am

Peeper wrote:

Yes, I'm back. A special thankyou to TwinsMom who sent me a sweet note through the mail and Indiana for sending me an email that you guys were moving to a new site.

I have no excuses other than Real Life butting it's way in and taking over for a few months! We're all fine.

I'm taking this opportunity as a fresh start. New site, new month and a Monday; that should be the push I need to get my house and life in order! I admit that when I didn't check in (I still occasionally lurked) my house looked worse. It's so easy to let things slide and then one is in chaos again.

So, anyway, it's great being back and seeing all these familiar faces again. I'm going to do a 15 minute pickup and see how much I can declutter this place.

Waving to all!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:53 am

DeeClutter wrote:

(I guess that happens at the 21-posts mark! ) That's a habit joke.
That was GOOD, Harriet! :lol: Yes, it does become 'habit'.

Have to shut down my computer as it seems I will need it later to do some plowing contracts for DS. Going to be leaving soon to pick up DD and run some errands with her. Not what I really would have liked my day to be like today -would rather stay here and post away. :cry: Have a kazillion things to do before Thursday when we leave for Hershey! Not pleasant work I'm afraid. Part is helping DS get ready for an appointment with his CPA. So have to spend time at the house gathering up 2006 info that I have there. At least now he's keeping all his own and it's nicely filed. Me? I've been procrastinating and doing the urgent -well now this has become the 'urgent'.

See you all later! Enjoy strolling through our new village! :lol: 8)

Indiana, you have done one superfluous job here! She has been busily gleaning info from our old posts and copying it here -just go look at the 'kitchen' thread! Thank you too to all you others who have done so much to get this village ready. Know Hariet, Kathryn, and Air have really had their thinking caps on.

BBL

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:54 am

Emptynester wrote:

Shutting down the computer for travel. Will see you all in a few hours when we set up the internet dish again.

It is a cloudy day so we won't have any sun in our eyes. This is a really familiar trip so should pose no surprises.

TTFN

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:55 am

MysteryWoman wrote:

Girls are dropped off. Spoke momentarily to dd's teacher. I'm snack mom for this month -- the mom of the other girl with food allergies and I are alternating. dd's teacher sent home a note on Friday that they're well-stocked except for cups, napkins, and juice. I didn't get to shop this weekend since we were away, so I needed to check if there was anything she needed for today. She needs juice, so I will probably just get cups & napkins, too -- at least some. I think I will ask one of my friends to take me to a wholesale club to buy in bulk and look into a membership of my own. But for right this moment, I'll just go to the discount store. Besides, then I'll have a price to compare to.

So good to see so many faces here -- also, notice of the move seems to have brought back some old friends who've not been around in a while!

But, Harriet, as most of us are SHE, shouldn't we allow about 28 posts before clicking on the link becomes second nature? ;)

I might change the avatar at some point in the future, Dee, since I've figured out how to use the program that came with my camera to alter a photo to fit (there's a "create image for e-mail" option that allows me to condense both physical and file size). I was thinking about rotating a few images. I saved a copy of my logo from the old board, too! I'm having fun! But thanks for the compliment; I'll pass it on!

Ah, I was wondering what "items" was (were?). Thanks, Dee!

I thought maybe lucylee would close out the old board; very apropos that she was so late, she's early! :D

I've got a very Monday house, too, Sadie -- time to dig out the cards!

Good morning also to Kathryn (well, "good afternoon" to you!), Nancy, Booksaver, Carol, MT, mamap, Peeper (so good to see you back!), and all who follow!

BBL!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:56 am

Sadie wrote:

Back again.

Welcome back Peeper!

Mystery lets see if we can get our Monday Houses back in shape.

Took care of cats, swept floors. Cleaned one bathroom. filling dishwasher.

Kitchen needs a really good mopping but it is very occupied right now so will have to wait.

It is sunny now but calling for rain.

Be back later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:57 am

Peeper wrote:

That 15 minutes turned into half and hour, but my kitchen is sparkling! Of course, I was supposed to be decluttering the house in a general matter and in typical SHE form, got side-tracked, but hey, it's still progress!

Mystery, I was often a Homeroom Mother; that's what they used to call them, maybe still do, and it was usually for the whole school year. It sounds like your school has a much better and practical approach so the work is more evenly spread. I, too, like your avatar! I take it those are your dear girls.

I must say, it's good to be back. :D

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”