PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:00 am

Kathryn wrote:

We had an great lunch. The last of the Croats skipped out for another meeting so it was just the Spaniards and us. The ones that weren't strong in English sat quietly and listened while the two best (one from Catalonia where they speak Catalan, not Spanish, which is actually Castillian) chatted away with us. I stayed with a couple of them a bit longer (so one could finish his espresso) and we came back a bit later, actually, much later because we got lost (all three of us in the car were from out of town!)

I found out why it is so dark in the morning (and light in the evening.) Spain is on Europe Time but we are actually farther west of London (and Greenwich). So, actually, our 'sun time' is the same as England but our 'clock time' is an hour later. So when it is 7 in the morning in London, and the sun is just rising, it is 8 here and, because we are slightly further west, it is still 10 minutes until sunrise.

This also leads to the later eating times. Why rise at 7 when it will be dark for another 70 minutes? And since that has shifted your day, all other things come later as well.

So, I'm beginning to understand more fully the why of this social habit of later meals. Obviously, if dinner at 7:30 is a norm (which it is in much of Europe), 8:30 would be the logical time for Spain to eat, if it is to eat at the same 'sun time' as the rest of Europe.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:01 am

blessedw2 wrote:

HI I got in!!! I have to go out with dmom but just wanted to say hi!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:02 am

SuzLew wrote:

It is a little after 6:30 am. I am back at my desk finishing up the pile from my in "tray" . Hoping to get busy filing all these papers.

I have started dryer to warm clothes to hang up then will dosey doe the laundry pair!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:13 am

LisaW wrote:

Glad to see everyone making a smooth move to the new village!

Your new team has done a wonderful job getting everything up and running - they deserve a standing ovation! ::Brava::

I'm in and out today, here more for moral support than anything else.

It's time to get the house whipped back into shape, so I'll focus on the living room & kitchen. DS has an appointment this afternoon, so I'll squeeze a couple of errands in.

Hoping to have some time this morning to scrap a bit.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:15 am

mamapiano wrote:

I picked an avatar but I'm not really crazy about it - or any of them for that matter. I'm thinking of using a photo of me at 19 months. That certainly would not identify me to a possible shark, which is the only reason I hesitate to use one of me at the piano at church. That could be traced in a heartbeat.

I have no clue how to get a photo from my computer to the avatar page, but will look and see what it says there. Later. I just popped in here to check on email and of course had to see who else had posted! Gotta get back at it.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 am

Nancy wrote:

Good morning every one!
So good to see you all here and posting.
I'm up the coffee & bed are made,
I've dumped the trash.
Had a bit to eat.
Next up s2s
Slept well by the way.
We had rain in the night glad to have that for the new bulbs I
planted yesterday.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:18 am

helia wrote:

I'm here! I'm here! I'm having a busy morning - so what else is new? LOL! Nice to see Peeper here again! Yes, new day, new week, new month. . .

It is raining here. bleah. . . . but we haven't had much rain so probably need it. I've done my a.m. routine, minus kitchen reclamation. Have also had coffee w/ dh and couple also going to NZ and Australia to compare notes. That was interesting; we have almost identical itineraries in NZ. We're going to meet up in the south at some point. I also spent some quality time w/ dh :wink: and have had some lunch early; I don't eat b'fast which is probably not the best habit to be in.

Helia's Happenings:
-a.m. routine finished
-grocery shopping done
-work out at the gym - if my bra dries in time
-pick up ds, dd11, and dd11's friend for play date here after school
-dd9's flute lesson here at 5
-supper and evening routine
-probably email w/ dfriend in TX re: tweaking NZ itinerary. The current proposal has us staying in one spot no longer than 2 days. I'd like to see if we can make that at least 3 days in at least 1 spot. . . .
-might look into bill-paying too; not sure where I am with that.

I haven't chosen an avatar either. I have a family photo on photobucket that is sized down, but I was unable to use it as an avatar on the SHEsintouch site so I don't know if it will work here. . . .

Next:
-reclaim kitchen
-finalize groc. list
-groc. store

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:22 am

SuzLew wrote:

Finsihed going through all the paperwork on desk now need to start files and filing!

I also printed 21 essays to read off computer and get back in a box!!

Off to have coffee with dh and then on to s/s and dosy doeing laundry twins!!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:23 am

Sadie wrote:

checking back in,

guys are off on their morning.

Kitchen floor mopped.

Fed Dmom and Dbrother their breakfasts.

Have lunch started on the stove.

Going to gather up laundry.

so far a productive day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:25 am

LisaW wrote:

mamapiano wrote:I have no clue how to get a photo from my computer to the avatar page, but will look and see what it says there. Later.

KIC posted a set of instructions in the FAQs LINK

If you are looking for avatars, you can find lots of free ones through Google.

Any graphic image will work, and you can use a photo editor (like MS Picture Manager) to resize it to fit the 80x80 size limit.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”