PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:26 am

Good morning it is so good to see everyone.

There was a lot of activity in the wee hours of the morning on both boards with people waiting to see the new address. Some have registered and some haven’t. They want to remain as guests.

Kathryn it was so nice to be greeted from Madrid.

Nancy I hope you had a good night’s sleep.

Booksaver I hope you went to bed.

lucylee I knew you would find us.

Carol another late night person but being on the west coast it wasn’t that late and you do work at night.

Kathryn Madrid sounds like a lovely city.

MT safe moving day. We had rain too. It was a great rain and we needed it.

mamap I hope you made quick work of the correction. I clicked refresh and see Lisa gave you the link for avatars.

Mystery you may get our rain.

Sadie 6 hours of sleep is good for me but not for everyone.

Dee hmmm moving just a click away. That would be interesting in the future. Thanks for the reminder about “Items”. I’ll put it in FAQ.

Harriet I too thought Cabby’s post was wonderful.

Peeper it is so good to see you posting.

I’m glad you got in blessed.

SuzLew you were at your desk night too.

Lisa enjoy scrapping.

helia you should be able to upload your pic if it is sized small enough. Ceo didn’t allow uploads because of the traffic it would have generated with all 4 boards.

SuzLew I enjoy reading ceo’s 21 Essays.

Sadie you are on a roll.

I’m doing a little bit of this and that today – puttering.

Even though I may not post often I’m checking both boards incase someone has difficulty getting in.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:28 am

Nancy wrote:

Yep slept well Indy thanks for asking.
Now it's time to get moving;
love the pc
but I've been on it a bit more today!

Chores and journaling await.
New blog entry in my new website done!
Find it on the www button at the bottom of my post.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 am

MysteryWoman wrote:

Since my timer was dead, I decided to go out then and get snacks for dd's class and batteries for the timer. It took 2 stops, because the discount store didn't have the right size batteries. (OTOH, this means the receipt I have from the discount store is all for snacks, so I won't have to delete anything from the total for reimbursement.)

Got home, wrote a cover note to dd's teacher, and got to dd's school in time to deliver snack while they were all out at lunch (so as not to disturb the class). The teacher arrived just as I'd finished putting the stuff next to the classroom door, so I was able to help her carry it into the classroom and get a little more info on what she needed.

Came home, read the paper a bit, and have since been fighting the timer. First I couldn't get the old batteries out (the battery compartment is a bit tight, and it doesn't help that it's behind the clip), then (in a frustrating bit of total SHE-ness), I couldn't find where I'd put the darn batteries! All is well now; the timer is nice and bright and bold and working, and I have just before typing these few words set it for :05, after which I will get my butt in gear!

Yes, Peeper, those are my Dgirls!

mamap's concerns about identifiability are the reason I'm considering changing avatars, but as only a select few have found us yet, I'm showing off my cuties!

The timer has gone off, so I'd better get working. First, I will

• throw dirty clothes from trip into chute
• start something cooking for lunch
• sort out my cards, which are all mixed up!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 am

Mystery the coloring of the avatar makes it look like old photo not a recent one. I thought you had picked the pic up somewhere.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:31 am

Harmony wrote:

Thank you for leaving the door open for latecomers! This is amazing! I had a funny thought about my posting in a new village from my new office. Lots of new things this year for me.

Kathryn, I cannot imagine how your DH teaches with the different languages. Does he have some way to interpret what he's teaching?

Mystery, I have to add that I absolutely love your avatar. I picked mine because it looked the most like me. Not really, except the color of her hair!

I've been busy at my desk all morning and have a great deal accomplished. Laundry is next.

Thank you all for this wonderful place to come and for all the work getting it ready.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:31 am

Maggie it is so good to see your name.

I'm so glad you came.

Please let us know how you and your Dh are doing.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:32 am

Hmm for someone that was just going to check the boards I'm sure doing more posting than I thought.

At least I'm getting things done at my desk in between.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:33 am

Twins' Mom wrote:

Okay, in between being busy here at work, I've browsed avatars and finally just copied my old one from the other board. Let's see if it works....

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:35 am

helia wrote:

How do I do a homemade avatar? Photobucket lets me make a 67 x 100 pixel avatar; it needs to be no larger than 80 X 80. Maybe I need another program?

I have not left this machine, sending emails and trying to figure out how to custom size a photo for an avatar. . .

I do need to go to the groc. store as my afternoon is disappearing. I need to pick up dkids from school in 1:20 and I need to go to the groc. store before then.

Next:
-make cup of tea
-switch laundry
-read Kathryn's post re: avatars
-go to groc. store

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:36 am

helia I don't know enough about photo bucket.

Do you have Microsoft Photo Editor?

You can change the pixel size there.

If you do I can walk you through it if not I have another solution.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”