PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Indiana

PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Good morning all and welcome to the our new home.

I titled today's post Moving-in because we're looking forward to you all getting settled here.

I also added Movin' because it is the dawn of a new day. a new week, a new month as well as us being in a new home.

Today is a day full of possibilities.

Get movin and have lots for me to read when I check back in later today.

It is 7:30 here in dark (the sun seems to rise late here) Spain and I'm heading off to work in a little bit.

Indiana

Re: PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:52 am

Nancy wrote:

:idea:
Glad to see the light on.
Waving to KinC.
Have to turn in here see you later
good night time for me now!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:53 am

Kathryn wrote:

BTW: while this forum looks a lot like CEO's there is one annoying difference. After you post, it doesn't automatically redirect us back into the thread. You have to click on the View Your Message option to come back here.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:32 am

lucylee wrote:

I'm crazy, cause we've been home a couple hours and I've been sitting here looking for an AVATAR for about the last 45 minutes!!! Too many choices! LOL...

No ballgame this weekend -- just a 4-day bluegrass festival. Very good weekend for ds and we all had a great time.
Watched ballgame Sat. night, though (on tv in hotel). That was good too.

Whew... all unpacked and put away, but school starts in -- YIKES -- 7 hours???

Good night to ALL!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:34 am

Gramma Carol wrote:

Looks like the porch lights are beginning to come on and stay lit as people settle into their new homes, now, if only the cluttered space around my puter were only half as clean as these streets!

I am doing all I can to stay ahead of the mess but I cannot seem to keep far enough ahead to actually do something about it! But with 8 people (4 under 7) in a house with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom... chaos breaks out on a regular basis... :roll: (we had 15 people in here yesterday for a birthday party that was supposed to be at the park but was called on account of rain) and now that the rain of the Northwest has started for the winter and I cannot even kick some of them outside to play.

I tried to put the Christmas Grand Plan together but now the notebook is simply adding its own clutter to the space, it is all in pieces over about 4 square feet of desk and bookshelf and it has been piled on top of as well... sigh... it was a good idea at the time.

I guess moving to a new space is a good time to move into a new frame of mind and get busy doing more than just 'keeping up with the mess'! QUICK! Someone inspire me!!! or kick me into action or something!

Have a Great Day!
Carol

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:35 am

Sadie wrote:

Good Morning Ladies,

It's 5:00 a.m. here, too early to stay up for me.

Got up to help Dmom to the bathroom and needed to take some meds too.

Home has a bad case of Monday house so there will be plenty for me to do.

Ds -11 wants to make candied apple tonight, will try to work that in.

It's October 1!

This place looks great!

Thanks to CEO and Lisa for their many years of service.

Thanks to all our hardworking ladies for making this place for us.

My pillow is calling me.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:37 am

Kathryn wrote:

We have internet in the training room so I do not have to wait until this evening to post.

The day is going strangely. The facility is great and we are being helped by a wonderful company that has thought of everything, including supplying laptops to the students and name tags for Ken and I.

The food for breaks is wonderful.

The people are great and do their best in English for me.

The training is going strangely though. We had 7 students, 3 from Spain (three different regions, three languages) and 4 from Croatia. At the first break two of the Croatians left. They were legal advisors and this is a technical course (but the outcome of the course is being made into legislation in other countries.) The remaining two Croats have left for the lunch hour for a meeting at their embassy and we aren't sure they will return. But they are technically able to use the course.

We will take some taxis to lunch at a Spanish restaurant and then come back for the rest of the day.

Our trip here this morning took almost as long as it took to walk. The stations are crowded and the trains move less quickly (there are more on the tracks so they have to move slowly. Security is very much in view (if you remember, Madrid commuter trains were bombed a few years ago.)

I forgot to talk about our walking yesterday.

In the walk to the training place, the city reminded me of New York (leafy trees overgrowing the streets, little shops everywhere, not a lot of tall buildings.) In the more 'downtown' area, it was nothing like New York, or anywhere else I've been. The architectual, both old and new, is far more interesting than many cities I've been to. In particular, there are a number of very interesting modern buildings.

The streets are much dirtier than Scandinavia but much cleaner than Paris or New York. And Sunday morning they were very clean (we saw sidewalk cleaners going by.)

The walk this morning was more interesting since shops were opening up. And this evening it will be even better since all will be open by then.

I really love our neighbourhood. On our walk to dinner last night, people were out strolling the streets and greeting each other. That is something I haven't come across in any other city. And people are talking very expressively to each other, and loudly and sometimes all at once!

One of the ladies helping with food has quite good English so she helped me understand lifestyle a bit by describing people's days and school hours and mundane things like that.

So I'm having a wonderful time.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:42 am

Emptynester wrote:

Good Morning All.

It is a Moving In and Moving day for us as it is a travel day. DH hopes to be on the road in 2 hours but he is still sawing logs so I don't think it will be that soon.

Woke last night to the sound of rain - sounded good until I remembered that my cactus were sitting out on the picnic table and have gotten soaked. Hope it didn't hurt them too much.

Thank you to all moderators for such a comfortable new home and thank to to CEO for our old home.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 am

mamapiano wrote:

Good morning all you early birds! I figured I better come here and check things out before I get my day started, or I might never make it back. Good to see so many posts so early in the day.

Kathryn, thank you for the great description of Madrid. It's so interesting to see how other cultures and societies live.

I have taken meds, dealt with email, and sent out the monthly email invitation to the Christian Women's Club luncheon. Promptly got a post back saying the meeting room had been changed. WHY DON'T THEY TELL ME THESE THINGS BEFORE I SEND OUT THE INVITATION? I was reminded Friday of the need to do it, but not told about the room change. So I need to send out a quick correction, which I will do in a minute.

So off to do that before I forget, have breakfast and try to make a dent in the chaos. Have a good day, everyone.

I will look for an avatar later.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:44 am

MysteryWoman wrote:

Time to head out to take the girls to school, but I had to post on the new board as soon as I could!

See you soon!

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”