PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Indiana

Re: PWYC Moving-in and Movin' Monday, October 1, 2007

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 am

DeeClutter wrote:

Glad you made this trip just fine, MT. Sounds like you're up and running.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:05 am

SuzLew wrote:

I took an unexpected "snooze" in my chair!

I have made a couple important calls - one checking if storage still available for "longer" motorhome and another to get me unconfused about our timeshare!! I was thinking we did odd years and it turns out it is even years! Looks like I need to be planning a trip! We want to go to Hawaii but not sure what time of year to go?

I need to get very busy dosey doeing laundry twins, S/S and starting "room by room"! Anyone want to join me???

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:06 am

mamapiano wrote:

Now for time to do it! I went to the audiologist this afternoon and got my hearing aids. And contrary to some of the horror stories I heard over the weekend from people who have experienced them, so far I am absolutely delighted. I posted more details on my blog so if anyone is interested just go there.

Oops! I posted the URL and got a screen saying that a registered member must have posted at least 5 times before posting a URL/Website link. I'm not sure what the point is for that but there it is. I think this is only the third time I have posted here - as yet.

I could copy and paste what I wrote there, but after all maybe you guys have something better to do than read all that!! LOL! But on MY blog I can write whatever I want to. Right?

The day is getting away from me and I would like to end it feeling that I have at least done dinner dishes and duds today. I did carry the dirty clothes to the laundry area this morning, and come to think of it I put the handknitted dishcloths in the washer. They are undoubtedly done and ready for the dryer. The reason I do them separately is that I really like to do dishcloths in hot water, but don't want to put these in hot water. Not as very economical way to do things, is it? So - go put them in the dryer and then go figure out what's for dinner. Have some leftovers but not enough for the whole meal.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 am

mamapiano wrote:

Thanks, Mystery. What you said makes sense.

I just uploaded (I think) a graphic from my computer to use as an avatar. I have no idea whether it "took" or not but probably the only way to find out is to post this and see...

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:09 am

mamapiano wrote:

Obviously that didn't work. I'll try again later...

Forgot to say, your two little girls are adorable, Mystery. I do think you might want to re-think leaving them there though, after a time. Right now it should not be a problem since spammers and bad people will not have found us yet.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:09 am

Ladies with the checks and balances in place of our provider we won't get spammers. The graphic that must be typed and the letter takes care of that.

When Lisa put something similar in place on our old board the spamming stopped.

We did have a spammer last week but it was someone that had something to sell that they thought we were interested in for sewing machines.

But although we won't get spammers we may get sharks. We can take care of sharks.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:11 am

SuzLew wrote:

I am getting no where "fast"! Dh is off to burger King for our lunch as we had a 2 for 1 coupon- not going to help weigh in at TOPS Wed.!! :roll: I just will have to do extra on treadmill!

Paid cable, electric and water bill online! Need to pay charge cards but still need to S/S this "late" afternoon!hen load dishwasher!

I did hang dryer load of clothes so will dosey doe as soon as finished!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:12 am

Kathryn wrote:

GRETCHEN!!!!

I've been wearing my Gretchen necklace a lot this week, thinking hard of you and hoping you'd check in and find us.

I feel so much better now that I see you here!

Harmony Dh teaches only in English. But he speaks differently when teaching to ESL customers (or ETL or EFL or.... some of our students speak 5 or more languages.) He has a good reputation for that. He slower speech and use of only the bare minimum of words makes it easier for translators as well, and in Japan especially, they like to work with him because of that.

Here in Europe we seldom have the luxury of translation but then most of our students are pretty proficient in English since it is the working language of the computer industry. It amazes me that so many of the students can converse with dh about XML but not with me about their family life or the weather! Their use of English is limited to work!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:13 am

Nancy wrote:

Gretchen I love the G avatar
It could be for granny too! LOL!

KinC saw that there are winds in your neck of the woods
Europe; and back home here B.C. has snow!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:15 am

Kathryn wrote:

I've had the most wonderful evening.

First of all, there is definitely "Spanish Time". Things are never on time here. I knew it would be like that and I don't care but dh is having a harder time adjusting.

Lunch was to run from 1 - 2:30 but actually we left for the restaurant at 1:15 and teaching began again at 3:30.

As the course was running late, I left after the last break and stopped by the grocery store to pick up salad, milk and cereal. Back at the apartment I had a big helping of salad an knockbrod (Swedish hard flat bread) to hold me over until dinner. Ken was home at 7 and we managed to nap for 15 minutes before heading out for supper.

This evening we were to meet at the Horse in the center of Plaza de Mayor at 8 but it was 8:45 before we left the plaza with all in tow.

But it was a wonderful dinner. We had two Spaniards, one from Madrid, the other from Barcelona (Catalonia) and they often disagreed strongly. The Catalans want to separate from Spain so the parallels with Canada and Quebec are striking.

Our Australian standards friend and his wife joined us. Citylady, if you are peeking in, she is a costumer too! I told her about the scales in your grocery store being for costumers and she thought that was very funny.

We had tapas (4 or 5 kinds) and main course. I had the pork and it was very good.

There was to be a church bell concert this evening from 10:30 to 11:30. Around 10:40 I went out to see if I could hear anything and couldn't. When I said that there was no sound, they said maybe it would be in Spanish Time. Well, we left at 11:15 and the bells were ringing. Dh and I walked around the old area of the city from bell tower to bell tower. It wasn't 'music' but more of a cacophony of sounds but it was fascinating to listen to. At one bell tower we could see the arm of the ringer, who was following music and hitting the bell at specific times.

We ended in front of the Cathedral at 11:40 just at the crescendo of the concert. The Cathedral bells were literally spinning right around. It was amazing to watch as well as to listen to. It really filled one's soul.

It was raining lightly but there was a good number of people out in the squares and on the streets, just standing there, listening. God chimed in with thunder and lightening right at the end. It was spectacular. As the bells died down, the streets erupted in applause and cheering.

I'm sure I'll miss the sleep tomorrow, but for tonight I am so happy we took the time to stand in the cool and damp. It is a wonderful memory of Madrid.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”