Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Indiana

Re: Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:26 pm

SuzLew wrote:

I am up way to early for this west coast SHE but brain "engaged" and I couldn't turn it off!!! It is 5:45 am and dh and I have a busy kettle corn day today. We have no market to go to but have 100 medium bags to make for a church fund raiser so will pop at the restaurant that is our commisary.

I need to get laundry twins a going because it seems there is always laundry!! :roll:

Want to run rhomba this morning but will wait until 8 am as he runs into Ds/33's door when he does the hall and wakes Ds up.

Dh is still sleeping and set his alarm for 8 am so i will try to do quiet "things"!!

I definitly need to work on getting files working, filing paperwork and want to work on SHE cards and getting them organized!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm

helia wrote:

8:50 here. Yes, we're escaping, Peeper! LOL! I saw our narrow avoidance of shut down in the paper yesterday. I don't keep up on gov't happenings very well, unfortunately. I didn't know your ds was at MSU!! :) I hope he is happy there.

Hello all. Nice to see everyone here. I have just launched the troops.

Helia happenings today:
-a.m. routine
-work out
-buy ds science notebook
-buy shoes for ds and myself?
-pick up kids at 12:20 and 12:30
-travel clinic for 2nd round of immunizations
-drop kids off at schools
-work on getting caught up w/ laundry and putting it away
-supper: Trader Joe's stir fry, rice, bread, maybe zucchini
-moms group steering committee meeting tonight 7:15 - ?
-call re: N. Island reservations to ask about their cancellation policy and then get those finalized

Kids should shower tonight. . .

I think we have a house in Adelaide! :D :cool: Friends of friends (we met them in Austin, TX; British couple, he's with the Univ. there now) are leaving the country temporarily. They're fine with our dates. We're fine with the house and rent. We need to finalize details now, maybe sign a lease.

I need to start preparations for my moms group teaching next week. :shock:

Alright, I'm off to dress in my work out clothes. Dh and ds programmed/filled (what is the right term?) my ipod so I can listen to music while exercising. We'll see if it falls out while I jog around the track.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Sadie wrote:

good morning ladies,

was up and down a lot last night, some was for dmom and some for me. We just weren't in sync with each other. Don't feel too tired though.

Have unloaded dishwasher and started a pot of pinto beans on the stove.
Want to make a big pot of soup for the week too. It's good to take to work for my dinner there or something for the menfolk to eat while I'm gone.

The kitchen will be hit soon with menfolk.

Bathrooms are focus for today. Cleaned one yesterday so have a head start.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 pm

Mystery wrote:

Kind of dragging here. Still TOM, still gray outside, still tired. Actually almost managed to get to bed at a decent hour last night. Was kind of interested in the Padres/Rockies game, but not interested enough to plan to stay up for the end. Was tucking myself into bed sometime after 10 when DH came up & wanted some help paying bills online. Well, by the time we were finished with that, it was about 11 (I have got to get a faster connection!) We went to sleep, but I woke up about 10 to 12 in a panic from some nightmare I had (which, fortunately, I don't remember) and discovered DH wasn't there. Went downstairs to find him, and found the Pad's had gone up 8-6 in the top of the 13th, but the Rockies were mounting a rally. So I stayed up & watched the rest of the inning (which was the rest of the game; the Rockies won, 9-8 ) with him. Talk about two evenly matched teams -- not only did they end the regular season tied, forcing this one-game playoff, but it took extra innings for one team to win -- on a very close play at the plate! Great game, but I really didn't want to be up at the end of it.

But I digress and am taking up valuable housework time! ;)

I like the avatar, mamap! Great job, Ken! (((Kathryn))) re computer problems.

BTDT with old pet pee, Peeper. Although I think cat pee stinks worse than dog pee -- but maybe that's just 'cause I'm a dog person. Anyhow, it's no fun, is it?

Waving back to blessed, Dee, marian, and timid!

(((MT))) also w/computer problems.

I have Mt. Washmore looming over here, too, Suz, so you'll have company!

Busy day, helia! Woo-hoo :D on the house!

Glad you're not tired, Sadie. I'd ask you to send some energy this way, but I don't imagine you have surplus! ;)

OK, enough of this. I'd better get to work.

Next up for me:
• check e-mail
• make bed
• tidy bathroom
• start wash

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Dee wrote:

I'm back from breakfast and thought I had to pick up DD for an appointment this morning. She said she'd call me later with a time. :cry: Had hoped that would be out of the way this morning as I need to go to DS's and work on tax things -mostly filing at this point. I only have today & tomorrow. We leave early Thursday morning for Hershey. :lol:

It's rather dreary out this morning and just barely chilly. Turned the furnace on for a few when I returned.

Oh I do need to get new glasses, if only to see this screen clearly. Think that was part of my problem helping out more with the transition. I couldn't read long enough/clearly enough to make sense in replying. :evil: I would dearly like to have a pair just for the computer. May see how much more that would be!

I've got papers all over here and need to make some sense out of those. Some of them are very old and I just need to glean a little info from each. Think I'll make a computer file and input that data and then I can get rid of the paper. Just have to remember to make a backup disk or something so I don't lose it.

Off to do that.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 pm

SuzLew wrote:

markket tablecloths dry annd folded, new load of clothes in washer. Now off to gather dishes in house and load the dishwasher and put away walmart bought items that are still on kitchen table!!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 pm

Dee wrote:

I was glad to find you hadn't removed the girls' picture yet Mystery. Saved it to my hard drive so DGD12 can see it. Have a feeling she may be visiting soon. Love MamaP's new avatar by the way -so appropriate for her! I need some of that energy too.

Just waiting for DD to call to give me info so I can print off her bank statements for her.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Nancy wrote:
Why do people who love to knit
complain about knitting a row with 1200 stitches and
not about knitting 20 rows with 10 stitches?
Candance E. Strick Author

I'm up bed is not made it's sheet changing day here.
Coffee is done.
crunches and lower ab raises done took less than 6 min.!
check e-mail X

Next up for me:
• eat breakfast
• change sheets
• start wash

I like the avatars you all have chosen!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 pm

helia wrote:

I'm still here. LOL! I am a SHE after all. . Yes, I echo all the gray dreary day comments; same here. But it's not too cold.

I fielded a phone call from the travel clinic; they don't have the Japanese encaphilitis vaccine. Nor does the neighboring travel clinic. Therefore, we're not going to the travel clinic today - and likely will not finish our immunizations for that disease. We'll just be careful w/ mosquitoes, ticks, etc.

this cancellation blows a big hole in my schedule - in a good way! :D I LIKE holes in my schedule. Basically, I have nothing on my calendar today until the meeting this evening. I called dh and the schools to let them know. The girls will be relieved; let's just say they weren't looking forward to this shot.

Kitchen is reclaimed, laundry is going. I am dressed to work out so getting that done is next. Can you tell that I procrastinate on this? :roll:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:35 pm

Harmony wrote:

Good morning! I have cuop this morning so for the time being I am current!

Dee, I need to get my eyes checked also. We are set up on a corner cmputer table and the screen was pretty far back into the corner. I had to pull it forward. My distance sight seems to be a little worse. The first and last thing I do every day is put on or take off my glasses!

It is nice to see old faces returning. I wish some other old timers would return. It is nice that even if one is gone a long time she is welcomed back with open arms. I particularly like this board because people are so kind to one another. there are few places like that in the world today.

I am thinking about how to get motivated here. I am going to make a list and see how much I can get done. This slowness is just so different for me; it has been over 4 years since we've been this slow and I am having trouble adjusting. Thinking, I'll have time to read a couple of my computer manuals and learn some necessary stuff.

Helia, it's really great that you found a house to live in in Australia. When are you leaving? MamaP I really like your avatar. Reminds me I haven't had time to practice in a long while. Another thing I should get back to.

Ok, I'm off to S2S, work on laundry and sweep porches!

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”