Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Indiana

Re: Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Indiana wrote:

Good morning I'm just popping in to say good morning and I'll be back later to catch up.

It is so nice to come and see all the posts.

Once again, it is nice t o wake up to Madrid. The bells last night Kathryn but have been beautiful.

From yesterday…
Harmony you have had lot of new things this year.

Gretchen wow 2 in high school. How are your dMom and dDad?

Peeper cats + wet paint = little paw prints.

Kathryn that is interesting about the use of the English language with work terminology and not conversation terminology.

LurkyLou it is good to see you. Your poor Dh having to go shopping.

Sadie making candied apples sounds like fun.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Emptynester wrote:

HINT FOR SEEING COMPUTER

Hold down the Ctrl key and type the + key. It increases the size of the font. I use it all the time when my eyes get tired and I can't see the little type.

I'm still setting up the new computer. Thanks for the hugs but this is a fun thing. I'm getting rid of old computer and moving software and files to new one - well - really a fixed one. The hard drive failed last Dec and DSIL#1 fixed it for me. We just picked it up from their house last night. I have to get stuff transferred as they are getting old computer.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

Dee wrote:

It IS nice to see so many posts isn't it!

I've been busy the past 1/2 hour or so inputting data from several 'old' medical slips, etc. I now have one-liners in a computer file re: several medical milestones in this family (of 7) jotted down for posterity WITHOUT saving all that paper! :? Feels good! Put all those sheets in my 'burning' basket. (Won't be burning today however since it is now pouring out!) DH called right after I began this post and said he may come back to the RV and goof off -the water has been running right off his rain gear into his boots. I have the heat on so at least he can warm up when he comes back.

Think I have another bin here that I brought from home with things to go through. Think next, though, I'll make up my list for what to pack for Hershey!

Thanks, :shock: MT I'll go try that in just a minute!

Editing: Awww shucks, MT -it won't work on my laptop! :cry:

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:43 pm

Gretchen wrote:

Good morning, everyone. Thank you for the warm "welcome backs." I really, really appreciated them!

So far today I've s2s, taken the kids to school, gone by the school office and guidance office, and checked out some info on websites. I got my youngest's school ID and password this morning (he lost the sheet) and was able to check his online progress report. He should be relieved to know how it is. I was, LOL. He is doing well.

I need to start laundry.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 pm

citylady wrote:

Second page already! My!

Everything looks lovely. Thank you to the moderators for all your work setting this up.

Kathryn, glad your friend was amused!

Mystery, I ended up watching that game, too. The whole thing. My fella (as CM dubbed him) was out helping a friend move, which was a fiasco, so he didn't get in until about 1 AM, and I waited up. It was quite a game, though!

Luckily I start with a new client *tomorrow* - I was able to sleep this morning... I'm actually going to have something resembling a schedule!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Sadie wrote:

Checking In_.

We're having wonderful fall weather. Wish I could send it your way. The days are sunny but not hot. The nights are just slightly chilled.

Got all four burners going on the stove with various parts of meals being started. Lunch meal is ready to eat. Have turned off the burner and covered it. It is in an iron skillet. It is just a hamburger helper meal, will serve it with some cut up cantalope.

Got the kitchen floor damp mopped while I tended to cooking. Laundry going. Dishwasher going. Bathrooms are still calling out but the day is young.

Have to make time to cut Dmom's fingernails today too. It is getting hard for her to squeeze the cutter.

Back to the adventures.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Kathryn wrote:

Back from my 1/2 day out in the city.

It is threatening rain so we got back just in the nick of time.

I've had a large salad (quite good, I added pineapple and cashews to the bag of greens from the store) and a glass of water. I'll have the pineapple juice from the tin of pineapple in a moment and then take a nap.

My back was/is very sore today and I was very hungry for a lot of the afternoon so it wasn't the most pleasant of days.

We walked over to the training place, finding two more groceries stores along the way, at least one is closer to our apartment than the ones we've found so far.

We picked up dh's hat (left yesterday) and the tickets for two walking tours of the city.

We then took a subway down to the central area, intending to get some lunch, walk through a park and drift in a leisurely manner to the meeting point for the walking tour. But I couldn't find a place to eat. The cafes all allow smoking and the restaurants were too expensive and intimidating.

With low blood sugar and constant pain it was an unpleasant time and eventually we hopped on a subway to get to Sol where I knew there was a McDonalds and it was also only a 7 minute walk from the walking tour start.

Eating helped a little bit and we had to gather 15 minutes early for the tour so I sat for a bit before we headed out. The tour was interesting but when it was over I could only manage going slightly out of our way (to a better subway line) and then managed to get a seat on the subway home.

We picked up groceries (milk, chips, water and sugar) and got back to the hotel about 40 minutes ago.

We'll be picked up for dinner in about an hour.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

SuzLew wrote:

I dosey doed washer and dryer, Have cold water load in washer. Drank coffee with dh and ate shredded wheat Jrs. for breakfast and took my meds! I gathered a couple sippy cups I missed on island and familyroom coffee table ( you can tell Dgrandsons were here I loaded dishwasher and started! Rhomba has vacummed livingroom and hall. I ran dish water and will work on that and dusting livingroom next.

Dh will leave soon to pop and call me when he is all set up popping and I will come bag! Probably will take 3-4 hours to do 100 bags! I need to count out 100 labels which will make it easier to keep count of how many we have done!!

BBlater this afternoon!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:48 pm

Indiana wrote:

Good afternoon ladies.

I see we are all busy doing one thing or another today.

Life is back to normal now that we have moved to the new board so I have been puttering trying to take care of some loose ends. It is just a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Tomorrow I want to work on some desk things.

I'm enjoying seeing everyones choice of a new avatar and new names.

I will check in again later this afternoon.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 pm

Mystery wrote:

Bleah! :P

Things have taken much longer than hoped. Checking e-mail revealed 2 DEM (dreaded e-mails) I had to reply to. There was a mountain (more Mt. Never-rest than Mt. Washmore) of laundry to sort.

Bleah! :P

Good to see Citylady here!

Waving to everyone & heading back into the fray. Hope to make at least a little progress on Mt. Dishmore before I have to go pick up the girls.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”