Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Indiana

Re: Touring Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:10 am

Peeper wrote:

Dd, the little girls and I just got back from Walmart. Things are definately more chaotic with two little ones in tow. BabyAnna kept removing her shoes and socks and pulling the bow out of her hair and Rebecca kept seeing things she wanted! :roll:

Dh and I will be watching Anna tonight while Rebecca has dance class. Afterwards, we'll all have dinner together. Meanwhile, the dining room rug absolutely reeks, so we may have to eat in the sunroom tonight. Dh is thinking of taking the whole rug out (it's an oriental area) but it's under the dining room table and chairs so a bit of a hassle, to say the least. We've tried so many products countless times on it now (and kitty hasn't peed on it for 3 or 4 weeks) and it still stinks! Mystery is right; cat pee is the worst!!! Well, life's full of little trials and tribulations. :roll:

Helia, I'm facinated by your Avatar and only wish the picture was bigger so I could see your darling family! When I squint, you're a fine looking bunch!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:11 am

Sadie wrote:

Lunch has been eaten. Time for cleanup.

Going to work on Dmom's nails, then laundry folding.

Bathrooms are still calling.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 am

Dee wrote:

I give up :evil: -been waiting all day for two phone calls -have called each back 2 times and am still waiting, and am at the stage of tapping my foot. I'm going home and get papers I need, do our laundry and pick up our suitcase for this week's get-a-way! :roll: Finding myself getting quite agitated!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:12 am

Peeper wrote:

ok, the rug is up. It already smells WAY better in there!! Dh got up the no-slip mesh pad which is currently in the washer. If it survives, we'll reuse it; otherwise it's history and we'll pay the ten bucks for a new one. The rug was carried up to the attic where it will be treated yet again and given a chance to air out for a few weeks. It doesn't look bad with just the wood flooring, but I worry about the chairs scratching the finish so this is just temporary.

Of course, our other cat ran up the stairs to the attic as soon as the ladder was down! Dh had to carry him back down and he wasn't a happy kitty! He loves it up there (another world) but the last thing we need is for him to find the carpet and add his delightful odor to the mix!!

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:14 am

Harriet wrote:

Bad night along with Mystery, but the list of sleep-spoilers is long (heavy on the felines) and the nightmare in the middle was dd9’s, which had me sitting her on couch to talk her back to calmness, but which she doesn’t remember now at all!! ?! Ended up exercising in the middle of the night, laundry also, then falling back to sleep on couch after bus.

My mother’s appt was disappointing – no help but continuing to wait and see, while her double vision is not much better. Dr keeps wanting to point out the great improvement (in each eye’s individual prescription) but there is quite a fly in the ointment.

((marian!)) You look lovely in that handle!

Another nice change is that Sadie has adopted a new posting style – often! I like it.

Hi to blessed.

Happy for mamapiano and hearing aid experience.

So wonderful to see Peeper and Gretchen posting that I am speechless.

Dee and Harmony, I have a time with my eyes at computer screen too. Will experiment with Emptynester’s idea. Dh says he needs to get me a present of a state of art screen perhaps, also I need appt.

((Kathryn)) for wearying parts of day - my late dh always used to get me a Big Mac when I didn’t feel well. He learned it helped me when I was weak from not eating during some illness early in our marriage and for 22 years I could count on seeing him coming with a McD bag if I ever mentioned feeling poorly! LOL! My universal cure-all in his eyes, and perhaps not too far off. Oh, to be young and find simple answers.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:15 am

Sadie wrote:

Thanks Harriet for noticing that I'm posting more. Will try on my days off to keep connected.

Have done the kitchen clean-up and Dmom's nails. I'm constantly reminded of what a backwards type journey I am going through with Dmom, so many things relate to a child growing and doing more. Aging is just the opposite.

Dmom is taking a nap. Think I will take a quick one too. And yes the bathrooms are still calling. I was going to clean Dmom's bathroom after I did her nails but she wanted to take a nap so I'm pretending not to hear them for just a while longer.

A break from the adventures.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Kathryn wrote:

We are back in for the night at an extremely early 10:10!

I'm exhausted so will have no trouble falling asleep at this 'early' hour but I'm enjoying my heating pad right now (I can plug it in behind my chair. It is turning a bit chilly (it was mid 20's today) and raining hard so we got wet on the way back from dinner.

Dinner was actually supper and even better was at a local tapas bar. Except, because it was just a local tapas bar, it didn't have the word tapas anywhere on it.

Spain really has managed to defend itself from globalization which is both a shock to my system but also something to enjoy. We had jamon (ham) with different kinds of cheeses and bread and tomato. And some sausage to start and lots of cute bread sticks that were more bread bites. I'm stuffed.

If you remember a few days ago I commented on the butcher/bar combo that is everywhere here. Well that was what we went to. There were stools and the tables were just barrels with tops on them. Many people just stood and drank and ate (I was pleased we got there early so got seats.) The room was lined with legs of hams hanging from near the ceiling (the whole leg, including the hoof.) The 'deli' counter had a selection of the pre-sliced ham (which doesn't look at all like North American ham) and cheeses. The walls were lined with tiled shelves in recessed wooden cases. The shelves were full of interesting looking preserves, oils, wines and other things I couldn't identify. There was also a section of wall with bins for fresh breads.

The conversation was great. I met this gentleman last fall in Copenhagen so we already knew each other a bit. He is older, works here in Madrid but has 2 kids and a wife in Barcelona so he goes back each weekend. His wife wants him to go back into teaching high school so he'll be back there all the time with a steady job (he's a contractor right now.) I can totally see him as a teacher but he doesn't want to do that.

I'm off to bed after another cup of hot water and sending off my travelog.

Have great days ladies.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:17 am

Gramma Carol wrote:

Here it is a rather blustery and rainy day in the Great Northwet.

Grey and drippy skies all day, even put 2 boxes with blankets in them out on the porch for the outdoor kitties since one of them was huddled up looking distinctly cold this am. L'Orange is one of those neighborhood strays who obviously belonged to someone at some point in his life, he is a sweetie and so battered and beat up that he is one of the few I will give wet food to from time to time and he is one of the ones I made the blanket boxes for, the other one is ZuZu, he was left here by my daughter when she moved and has decided to be an outdoor only cat. All my other cats have enough sense to come in out of the cold.

Getting ready to tackle the laundry and kitchen today, both are piled way too high and long past doing even though I ran 3 loads in the dish washer yesterday I still have dinner dishes from last night to do plus a few that mysteriously appeared from somewhere... :roll:

Don't know how long this is gonna work, got the littlest DGD3mo on my lap while I type. Should just put her in her carrier and get on with doing stuff but she is a good way to get sidetracked... ;)

OK big delay finishing this, had to go move stuff in the basement away from the trail of water coming through the walls... sigh... if it is not one thing its another.

I need to git and go finish the laundry.

Have a great day!

Carol

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 am

Indiana wrote:

Peeper wrote:It doesn't look bad with just the wood flooring, but I worry about the chairs scratching the finish so this is just temporary.

Peeper you can get felt disks for the bottom of chair legs. They are peel and stick and will stay on the bottom of the chair legs. They protect floors from being scratched moving the chairs in and out. My Dmom had them on her kitchen chairs and they were great.

Home center centers carry them.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:19 am

Nancy wrote:

Today I dusted [gasp what's the world coming to! LOL! ]
the top of the china hutch
and put a tea pot on it for decor.

Been reading and jouraling.
Gotta run dgds will be here soon.

Return to “Post When You Can - ARCHIVE”